Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parking Assistance Not Available - Sensors all work normally - VF2 SS

WeeGee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG S-Pack Ute M5 (L27) and VF2 SS A6 (LS3)
I have used this feature a couple of times when new but not for a while (4 months). While I get normal parking sensor activation (front, back and all corners), when I recently tried to use the parking feature, it comes up with a display on the dash saying "Parking Assistance Not Available" and a big P sign image with a cross out of the letter P.

No other error messages or driving issues. As I do not currently have a OBD2 scanner, I can unsure what may the cause of this fault. Also, when the car accelerates past 30kmh it then makes a short beep noise and after about 30-40 seconds the screen returns to normal display with 3 fast beep noises (deeper tone). I am unwilling to bring it to a dealer due to lack of confidence in how they often do their work. Any suggestions? Car has less than 4,000km

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I've seen this on mine also but I can't tell you why. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Maybe check that your sensors are clean. If one of them is unable to function properly, it probably disables the parking feature.

WeeGee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not dirty as was washed to showroom standard a month ago and has happened 2 days consecutive.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Fair call. My car clocks up over 4000kms a month, so thats a lot of dirt potentially. I've only used the auto parking to show people, never to just park the car as I find it slow. but yes it should still work every time

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
after seeing this post only realize i haven't tried mine one at all after 3 years of ownership. I might give it a go later tonight.

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
It works very nicely to protect those rims. Just make sure you have put the towbar in the options so it can allow the extra distance required.

WeeGee

Reaction score
Members Ride
I should clarfy - car is hand washed only double bucket method, not the high pressure touchless car washes. Car is spotlessly kept clean as its never driven in the rain or on vrry windy days as well its hardly at all driven in the daylight (later than 7am or before 6pm). From all angles of driveway, every corner is sensed and diplayed on the main screen hence why I can't see any faulty sensors. Some other car forums suggest that this problem is sensor faults (usually caused by wet sensors or the like).

I am thinking maybe its a software issue or perhaps it could be the motor that turns the steering wheel thats not working so it detects objects but cant perfrom the steering function? Perhaps I need a computer scan first to see what may be logged.

Attachments

• 2017-12-20 23.31.09.jpg
    2017-12-20 23.31.09.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 389

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
How did you go?

WeeGee

Reaction score
Members Ride
No progress at the moment. Still in process of purchasing a scanner over xmas period. As the battery is failing will do a scan prior to the battery swap out to check codes prior to power removal. My research suggests that the park assist module stores the failure reason in the disable history data - which it is read using a Tech 2 unit. Question is then will the syb $500 OBD2 scanners be able to see that disable history data? And, will a power reboot (eg. battery removal) clear the memory fault codes?