Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Prepping a VE L98 ute for drags

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I use jeans and a long sleeve t shirt, if it's cold a hooodie
Guaranteed it will be cold. Not allowed to wear hoodies under the rules, unless they are made from cotton. Hoodies are normally polyester and can't wear anything polyester.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Bought a SH Nitro helmet tonight off FB. Paid $40. It's in really decent condition. My old helmet was about 30 years old or close to it. It was fine apart from the soft foam had broken down. Possibly could have been fixed but I decided it was time.to bin it.

Now I just need to see what I have in the way of fire resistant clothing. Pants are easy but most tops are polyester and not allowed under the rules.
Dude!

Helmet lifespan is 5-8years from first usage.
Why would you buy a helmet second hand? How old is it? Has it been accidentally dropped from a metre or higher?
I realise you are in a vehicle for this and have airbags etc. But I would say only use this cheapy for roll racing. Not on your motorcycle.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Dude!

Helmet lifespan is 5-8years from first usage.
Why would you buy a helmet second hand? How old is it? Has it been accidentally dropped from a metre or higher?
I realise you are in a vehicle for this and have airbags etc. But I would say only use this cheapy for roll racing. Not on your motorcycle.

I'd assume with the title of the thread, it'd be used in a vehicle with airbags rather than a bike... :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yes, but he has a cool old bike that he used to track race. Just saying, don't use it for that!

Re-reading your post, I misinterperated it.....Sorry...It'll teach me to wake up properly before replying...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
RR was cancelled again. They found out last weekend with the burnout comp that the carpark and public areas are all too muddy. Apparently this week they have had a contractor in working on them, but no new date set yet for the RR. Probably just as well anyway. I saw photos of the burnout pad and it was covered in ice and probably be 11am before it melted.

Not sure what the plan is for RR considering the first race was scheduled for 9am, which would mean the track would still have ice on it.