Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problems with ESP

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
I know there has been stuff about this but..

I have been getting ESP Errors about once a month when driving in a straight line or going around a corner (and before anyone says i am not putting my foot down, im just pulling out of a street)

My more recect problem is that going around a sweeping bend, the ESP thinks that it needs to activate and applies my brakes slightly on my front drivers wheel.

once again AM NOT SPEEDING AND IT IS NOT WET OR ON GRAVEL

anyone know how i can fix this problem

cheers

IvanTheTerrible

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Id have it scanned to see if any of the sensors are defective.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I find my ESP is a bit sensitive and will sometimes activate around corners. The first time it kicked in was going around Parliament House (Capital circle), it was strange. When I was driving around Tassies twisty roads, it was kicking in quite a bit on hairpin bends. So much that I turn it off because it is too intrusive and my tyres grip like **** to a blanket anyway.

I used to get ESP errors as well and took it to Holden a couple of times and they did some sensor adjustments. I haven't had one in quite some time now but it used to happen randomly, usually when I pulled in to my driveway.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
had same problems holden said was a common error not to worry to much about it as it seems to be a common thing with this model

Tuttle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
I find my ESP is a bit sensitive and will sometimes activate around corners. The first time it kicked in was going around Parliament House (Capital circle), it was strange. When I was driving around Tassies twisty roads, it was kicking in quite a bit on hairpin bends. So much that I turn it off because it is too intrusive and my tyres grip like **** to a blanket anyway.

I used to get ESP errors as well and took it to Holden a couple of times and they did some sensor adjustments. I haven't had one in quite some time now but it used to happen randomly, usually when I pulled in to my driveway.

Did they change the sensors or adjust them or did they just fiddle around on the laptop.
Im trying to avoid holden cause they just suck money and dont do anything.

I dont know if it would show an error code if it wasnt happening there and then. Does the computer store errors?

I make sure i turn mine off now to, a little annoying if i forget.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
i had holden and carline(mate of mine works there) run the error codes (which are stored) and apparently a common thing

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Yep they store the codes and they can check them. Thats what they did with mine. I have no idea exactly what they did though because I dropped it off to them. It was done under warranty.

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
Im curious, do you have aftermarket wheels on your car or stockies?

Tuttle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Im curious, do you have aftermarket wheels on your car or stockies?

its all stock mate and there is no one particular thing that i do that sets it off, just randomly when it likes.

might speak to holden or an auto electrician about it

06vzcalais

Reaction score
its all stock mate and there is no one particular thing that i do that sets it off, just randomly when it likes.

might speak to holden or an auto electrician about it

is your car still under waranty??