Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problems with ESP

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
is your car still under waranty??

Na unfortunately but if i can prove that it is a common fault and it is a safety issue then mabe i can claim that it should have be recalled and they might fix it. If its a known problem and it affects the safety of the car then it should have been recalled to fix the problem, if not and it fails and i die and they know about it then they are liable.

anyway, will ring local guys to see if they have seen the problem, if they have then they can fix if not then they will charge me to plug a laptop in and then "search" for a solution = $$$$

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I'm not sure its a safety problem. If it is anything like mine, it will just put the brakes on a wheel to guide it into the corner rather than pull it out of a corner. Doesn't happen very often and it could be argued that I'm taking these corners at a higher speed than the average driver but I'm often nowhere near breaking traction. Its odd but hardly worth worrying about. The ESP error is more annoying. Once when I got the ESP error, I noticed that downshifts were very rough. So rough it was causing wheels to lock. Quite dangerous but it only happened the once and have had Holden check it out since.

4XRD-VZ Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
EK Civic/AE111 Levin
Ditto! I have experienced the same problem with the ESP kicking in while driving up some twisty roads and then later have ESP errors on my dash along with beeping!! but i then drove with it turned off.. and then when turned on again.. the errors left me alone. guess that shut her up!!

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
I'm not sure its a safety problem. If it is anything like mine, it will just put the brakes on a wheel to guide it into the corner rather than pull it out of a corner. Doesn't happen very often and it could be argued that I'm taking these corners at a higher speed than the average driver but I'm often nowhere near breaking traction. Its odd but hardly worth worrying about. The ESP error is more annoying. Once when I got the ESP error, I noticed that downshifts were very rough. So rough it was causing wheels to lock. Quite dangerous but it only happened the once and have had Holden check it out since.

Happened again today, sweeping bend to the left and about 60km and my ESP applied ABS to the front drivers wheel, is this the correct wheel to bring me into a straight line im not sure.

I have never had the rough shifting that i can remember so maybe its just my sensors, will yank the wheel off and look on the weekend