Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Need more info Lex
I got told this about my v6 (ecotec), the injectors where around the wrong way & power was down. A mechanic friend told me about the way the injectors face, turned them around to the correct position & had my power back again.

I'll get some pics of the v6 setup later to show how they sit.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
You can rotate the injectors and it doesn't change the angle nor the seating.
Slim vt injectors have 4 holes to atomise the fuel better than the fat injectors single nozzle.

Need more info Lex
The injectors face the rear on the drivers side of the ecotecs. Notice they are all pointing the same way?
1678333646476.jpeg

On the passenger side they all face the front of the engine. You can only see the two. The throttle body hides the last one.
1678333823343.jpeg

This is on my old vt that l use for mocking stuff up. for ex. the 6L50 trans.

The injector set up is the same on my engine.

As stated l don't know about the v8

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Last weekend was a good weekend!

Finished mounting the sensors in the guard areas.
Qrw0DqQ.jpg

Ran starter wires, alternator wires etc.

Spent until around 2am sunday morning finishing the wiring for the sensors, ignition module, and extending the engine loom through the passenger guard, round the front of the car through the radiator support and over to the body loom so it's entirely out of the engine bay.

Wiring at the back of the engine and fuel plumbing is still a work in progress, but I wanted to hear the engine run before I went to any more work of hiding it all to the point I couldn't trace things properly.
7tDUvB5.jpg

Started it up yesterday, all sensors working, no check engine lights/codes etc. Man it's been a long 4 months without hearing that sound. Feels like a massive weight lifted off my shoulders when I heard it run again.

Still a long way to go in terms of now wrapping the wiring looms, tidying up the vacuum lines. I'm going to make a new wiring loom for all my autometer gauges as half of them aren't powering up as past me didn't label any of the wiring so I think half the earths are gone since my wiring/loom shennanigans.....this time I'll actually label everything and use more than just all black wiring :p

Then time to move back onto body work. Have to get the fibre glass wiper cowl trimmed up, sanded etc so it fits properly (classic fibreglass parts, it's pretty badly fitting atm), finish the ABS cover plate, repair the bonnet and then paint it all.

Last edited:

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
Last weekend was a good weekend!

Finished mounting the sensors in the guard areas.
Qrw0DqQ.jpg

Ran starter wires, alternator wires etc.

Spent until around 2am sunday morning finishing the wiring for the sensors, ignition module, and extending the engine loom through the passenger guard, round the front of the car through the radiator support and over to the body loom so it's entirely out of the engine bay.

Wiring at the back of the engine and fuel plumbing is still a work in progress, but I wanted to hear the engine run before I went to any more work of hiding it all to the point I couldn't trace things properly.
7tDUvB5.jpg

Started it up yesterday, all sensors working, no check engine lights/codes etc. Man it's been a long 4 months without hearing that sound. Feels like a massive weight lifted off my shoulders when I heard it run again.

Still a long way to go in terms of now wrapping the wiring looms, tidying up the vacuum lines. I'm going to make a new wiring loom for all my autometer gauges as half of them aren't powering up as past me didn't label any of the wiring so I think half the earths are gone since my wiring/loom shennanigans.....this time I'll actually label everything and use more than just all black wiring :p

Then time to move back onto body work. Have to get the fibre glass wiper cowl trimmed up, sanded etc so it fits properly (classic fibreglass parts, it's pretty badly fitting atm), finish the ABS cover plate, repair the bonnet and then paint it all.
You have done very well, love how you have turned a bad mishap into something so much better and so keen to see the end result, keep it up as it seems like you are flying through it time wise!!!

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
You have done very well, love how you have turned a bad mishap into something so much better and so keen to see the end result, keep it up as it seems like you are flying through it time wise!!!
Thanks mate, and thanks again for that spare wiring loom....I think I recycled about 80% of it in the end for the wiring relocations etc.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
So the weekend went both good and bad, as of course is tradition for me.

The good, engine bays looking a lot more complete.
sj2oyNr.jpg

The bad, first time getting the car fully up to temp. I replaced all cooling/fuel hoses except for the top radiator one as I couldn't source a replacement since the fire.....it felt fine but must have been weaked internally from the heat.........got to pressure, suddenly swole up like a cricket ball, and like a grenade....bang all within a matter of seconds.

2 hours of hosing down the car/shed and a hospital trip later. (Viewer discretion advised)
S2pwaws.jpg

tCBuQRA.jpg
LW0ZC7G.jpg

Will be working on interior things and probably small stuff like catch can/body loom wiring this week as mobility isn't great with bandages. Thankfully the pain isn't too bad due to nerve damage from a previous graft/burn on that arm when I was a teen, the nerves never truely recovered.

Last edited: