Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulling to the left

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Mine was pulling to the left sometimes but not always. I replaced the front brake rotors because one was warped and it now steers straight. The drag from the warped rotor was enough to make it pull to the left.

amcroft

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
As part of the ADRs, cars are meant to pull to the left, from the factory. It is built in to the geometry (Camber). Its like this in case you fall asleep at the wheel. That way the car wont veer into oncoming traffic...

If it's worse than that, you'll see it in the way the tyres are wearing.

Also, try a tyre rotation. It may fix it.

Yep into the trees

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
As part of the ADRs, cars are meant to pull to the left, from the factory. It is built in to the geometry (Camber). Its like this in case you fall asleep at the wheel. That way the car wont veer into oncoming traffic...

If it's worse than that, you'll see it in the way the tyres are wearing.

Also, try a tyre rotation. It may fix it.

Finally the right answer. Holdens have been designed like this for quite a while now.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Just an update in regards to the breaks (that grinding feeling), It seems to have gone away after the other night when I needed to slam my breaks on. Luckily whatever was causing that grinding feeling didnt have an effect on the breaks, if it had I would have been up the rear of a taxi =/.
Got my cousin (who is a machanic) to have a quick look at the struts and suspension and what not, he said it 'seemed' ok, but he would need to take a proper look so I'm taking it in first chance I get.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Just an update in regards to the breaks (that grinding feeling), It seems to have gone away after the other night when I needed to slam my breaks on. Luckily whatever was causing that grinding feeling didnt have an effect on the breaks, if it had I would have been up the rear of a taxi =/.
Got my cousin (who is a machanic) to have a quick look at the struts and suspension and what not, he said it 'seemed' ok, but he would need to take a proper look so I'm taking it in first chance I get.

mayb u just needed 2 bleed ur ABS?? dunno how this could make the grinding sound tho but apparently ur supposed 2 bleed the ABS every now n then by slammin the brakes on roughly goin at 60km

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
many wheel aligners out there doesn't adjust the camber. Pretty basic to do with VS - VE, just need to loosen the 2 strut bolts and theres a 8mm nut behind the strut. So when you all get your next wheel alignment tell them to adjust the camber aswell and a print out of the job that they have done.

As a wheel aligner I experiement alot of stuff with my car lol... everything in my car is adjustable so its fun to play with. I vary with low camber - high camber and increase the castor like the european cars eg. mercs and bmw's run around 9-9.5 degrees castor.

I find this way you become a better wheel aligner when you do stuff like this.

Last edited:

David Harborne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore
I was sent a letter from Holden informing me of a recall for the power steering took it in and when I picked it up it now constantly turning to the left. Took it back and was informed it is a safety feature what a load of BS . Now when driving constantly tugging the steering wheel to keep it in the centre of the road.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I was sent a letter from Holden informing me of a recall for the power steering took it in and when I picked it up it now constantly turning to the left. Took it back and was informed it is a safety feature what a load of BS . Now when driving constantly tugging the steering wheel to keep it in the centre of the road.

"Feature"? Sounds like terrible wheel alignment. Either that or they misunderstood the old way where you'd dial in more castor on the passenger side.

David Harborne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore
It is going in Wednesday after taking the manager for a drive he said something about doing a wheel alignment, as I said before it was a recall for the power steering they should not have to touch the alignment .
PS scared the s*** out of the manager