Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Re-manufactured 19" Redline Wheels & Tyres

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Imoengnr, This listing is pretty well what you described - pics below. I can get them for $540 each - come with Pirelli Dragonsport, which would be better than the Falkens I think. Bit better than $2800. And these look better - although these in black would prob look pretty good too.

Edit -- just had another look - seems like he's only got two of them.
They're the ones, wouldn't mind a set of the black staggered versions as well.

Dart77

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon, S1 VE wagon SSV8
This is the factory spare in my MY12.5 SSV Z.
ta for the great shot of the rim mate. Very helpful. I'm trying to learn all these new numbers. What is the difference between MY12 and 12.5. And "Z" is that the final rendition of the series? You've got your ride as Z series "M6" . It's all just letters and numbers to me at the mo. I assume these fit on the Redline. Mine's an Oct 2008 SS-V. I'll have to go and have a look at the compliance plate and see what the MY number is.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
ta for the great shot of the rim mate. Very helpful. I'm trying to learn all these new numbers. What is the difference between MY12 and 12.5. And "Z" is that the final rendition of the series? You've got your ride as Z series "M6" . It's all just letters and numbers to me at the mo. I assume these fit on the Redline. Mine's an Oct 2008 SS-V. I'll have to go and have a look at the compliance plate and see what the MY number is.
MY12.5 were the last of the VE's, they were still made in 2013 but never an official MY13.
The V8 Z series were basically Redlines.
Yours being Oct 08 should be MY09. The new Model Year starts in September. I have an E3 Maloo MY12.5 built late September 2012.
If a model year ends in .5, it means the last of that series, and usually means it includes a lot of 'goodies'.

Dart77

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon, S1 VE wagon SSV8
MY12.5 were the last of the VE's, they were still made in 2013 but never an official MY13.
The V8 Z series were basically Redlines.
Yours being Oct 08 should be MY09. The new Model Year starts in September. I have an E3 Maloo MY12.5 built late September 2012.
If a model year ends in .5, it means the last of that series, and usually means it includes a lot of 'goodies'.
M6 = manual 6 speed.
Thnks! Right!! All makes sense now - MY is Model Year (of course, shoulda seen that). I was going to try and do a lesson in this from searching the net.

Just checked and was wrong about Oct build - it's actually Sept 08 and the model is given as VE8EP35. Can't see any MY at all on there. So the MY designations might have come out just after that maybe..., if Sept is the start of the model year then when I get parts from AMCAP here in Perth and give the VIN, it decodes as 09 - so that's maybe why.

Anyway, just to cram everything into this post... I just rang that guy on ebay who I posted the pics of the rims. He sounds honest over the phone and those two are fronts (8.5" x 19) with almost new Pirellis and he also has a set of new rears (9" x 19) for the S2 VE Redline, in boxes (no tyres of course) . I'm buying the set of 4 and working out a price soon. So, very happy if it all goes through. Can't imagine 275 (or similar) Pirelli's will be cheap though! But I don't have to get the same brand on the back, although it would be nice...

Appreciate everyone's help on this.

Reactions: Lex

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thnks! Right!! All makes sense now - MY is Model Year (of course, shoulda seen that). I was going to try and do a lesson in this from searching the net.

Just checked and was wrong about Oct build - it's actually Sept 08 and the model is given as VE8EP35. Can't see any MY at all on there. So the MY designations might have come out just after that maybe..., if Sept is the start of the model year then when I get parts from AMCAP here in Perth and give the VIN, it decodes as 09 - so that's maybe why.

Anyway, just to cram everything into this post... I just rang that guy on ebay who I posted the pics of the rims. He sounds honest over the phone and those two are fronts (8.5" x 19) with almost new Pirellis and he also has a set of new rears (9" x 19) for the S2 VE Redline, in boxes (no tyres of course) . I'm buying the set of 4 and working out a price soon. So, very happy if it all goes through. Can't imagine 275 (or similar) Pirelli's will be cheap though! But I don't have to get the same brand on the back, although it would be nice...

Appreciate everyone's help on this.
September is the start of the new model year, so your Commodore is a MY09.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Can't imagine 275 (or similar) Pirelli's will be cheap though! But I don't have to get the same brand on the back, although it would be nice...

I could be wrong, but my recollection was that the 275s were actually (a little) cheaper than the 245s the last time I purchased tyres. It could be different now?

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
I could be wrong, but my recollection was that the 275s were actually (a little) cheaper than the 245s the last time I purchased tyres. It could be different now?
More rubber for less cash? I doubt it.