Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redbook....?

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
anyone have confidence in this site and it's info?

I been comparing a LOT of prices to what is in here as opposed to what prices people have on their vehicles...

Especially rare/desired cars, ie: GTR and Su-1 Torana prices on Redbook seems accurate and same with Group A SS VK's, but then it has the VL Group A ss (Walky) down as worth about 7,000.... and same deal with the VH SS...

Also the GTS "average" prices are no where near what people are trying to get for them, and usually with much higher klms. Are these people seriously trying to get $30K+ for a 10 year old GTS with 180+K's on the clock?

The range is apparently normal for $18K - $22K for a 1998 VT GTS with 100-140K on the clock... Have yet to find one under $30,000

I know it's hard to get a site like this TOTALLY correct, but what else have we got to go on really.. Dealer prices? Hah... gotta be joking... :p

Anyway, just looking for opinions guys... (and girls)

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
basically its just a guide, a real loose guide. it said my 5l vr calais would go for 4 gs, and i sold it for 11. If theres a market for the car your selling, you will get more than what mr redbook says. Take it with a pinch of salt.

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
red book is mainly used by insurance companys and car yards, its designed to screw over the owners ;)

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yeah the redbook prices seem to be a bit pessamistic seeing as the cars you mentioned like GTS and VL group A SS SV are In very high demand by collectors or just the average joe. The GTS is the flagship model from HSV so how many could there possibly be of each model? 5000 maybe more?? anyway compare that with other more common models and there are like 500,000 on the road. Isn't there only 1200 walky's made? (I think)

rowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
How many times have you spoken to a dealer about the value of a car and all they do is log into redbook. That alone tell's you it's 100% dealer/insurance focused and IMHO, it's a right crock of **** for the average joe.