Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redline brakes

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
My Brembo kit turned up yesterday, really surprised how big the discs and calipers are! Also have to give kudos to GSL Rallysport as I called them at 2.30pm yesterday arvo and ordered a set of Remsa pads and they arrived at my office half hour ago and they came from QLD. Now that's service! I have thrown the original pads that came with the kit on ebay and I am getting the whole kit fitted Tuesday together with new front braided lines (rears are braided).

Cant wait!!!

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Imo nothing, just dusty.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Fitted! (ignore dirty wheel its been raining)

Attachments

• Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 461

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Yes, so far so good. Only got a few kays on the Remsa pads so still some bedding in through normal running to occur but i'm very happy so far. Pedal is still progressive at the top so you can finely brake where required, they just get stronger the harder you push. This should improve over the next week too.

Do you like the pedal feel?

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Update is that I wasn't happy with the pedal feel or the heat handling capabilities so I picked up a set of Hawk HPS (what I have in the rear and what was on the front before) and fitted them with a full fluid flush and I've got the pedal I wanted and the brakes are now very impressive. I'm throwing those Remsa pads in the bin.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
You should have just done a fluid change and left the Remsa pads in.
I used these pads on a club day at Philip Island in my Clubsport and they were great. I had done a complete fluid change though.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Horses for courses hey, I don't like the feel of them so I'm sticking with what I like e.g. Hawk HPS

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I think all dgp is saying is that you would have likely got the same result sticking with the remsa pads and doing a fluid change.

I agree 100% about changing the fluid, it is such a cheap thing to do and improves braking dramatically!