Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

remove which muffler?

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6 EcoTech Custom Ported by me
Yes, well that seems conflicting BUT,
When I said about the straight through being at the original position, that is what I have right now, then the twin tip at the back I added after it was just a straight single pipe (no resonator). It was a bit drony still. Twin tip improved it.
If the straight through is put on at the very back and no resonator at the back and no straight through "up front of diff" (which would be too much extra work for a little difference)
Then it would eliminate drone even further. But it is a preference thing to each individual.(within reason)
Just to describe what I mean here's a scetch or 2

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 486

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
what?
dude don't be cheap on it, for 200 for a sports exhaust just do it, i purchased a single 2.5inch exhaust cat back with a muffler, resonator that had twin outlets on the res and it sounded the ducks nuts, ligit sounded like a quite 8 no drone
this is the best system i have heard on a v6, i have heard straight through systems, things with cannons on them and they sound raspy and droney as ever, you should check out naafs exhausts he does a manta system cheap which i have heard good about too

REDBACK 2.5" CAT BACK EXHAUST VT VX VY V6 COMMODORE TWIN DUAL OUT REAR MUFFLER | eBay

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
okay, exhaust done. standard VX V6 exhaust, no middle muffler and good quality twin tip on the rear. No drone. Fairly deep, not too loud, basically perfect for what I wanted, not comparable to a catback, but for $40, I'm happy. So for ecotec owners,, to save this thread coming up again.. ECOTEC OWNERS: REMOVE THE MIDDLE MUFFLER, NOT RESONATOR!! thanks for.the opinions and posts guys. Very happy. Cheers

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
thanks drZ. on your old Calais,, were you running the stock system, just minus the centre muffler? I know it will never sound like an 8, but a little more noise is welcome

Umm... I actually had a 2.5" Manta cat back (my stock one rusted out, now that increases the volume a good bit, haha untill u rattle more and more rust out, then it sounds like a tractor. lol), same as the one that NAAF is selling but with both muffler and reso, then I had the centre muffler removed at a later date to increase the old dB level :D

wildwogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
'83 VH SL/E, '97 VT S-Pack S1
hey mate, would you be able to post up a video of what it sounds like?

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Unfortunately I never took a video of it... And I no longer own it either... Traded it in at a car yard... Sorry guys... But imo it sounded better then most v6s out there, an it had stock headers and cats too.. it is however decently loud, but not the loudest ive heard. :)