Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing the Mylink with a 2018+ Radio

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Question: @LyLy and @alex722607 . Are you using satnav or non satnav models on the ones your putting in?

LyLy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 sv6 ute
Mine has satnav

LyLy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 sv6 ute
I don’t think it would really matter satnav or not as the new units have apple car play and android auto

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
More of physical differences between the screen and boxes. The later mylinks have different screens, depending on luxury level. Missus’s equinox is an LS+ so 7 inch screen and no sat nav. LT and above has 8 inch with sat nav. I’m so interested in doing this but because mine is an Evoke, theres no hardware to use the satnav feature in the new unit.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
More of physical differences between the screen and boxes. The later mylinks have different screens, depending on luxury level. Missus’s equinox is an LS+ so 7 inch screen and no sat nav. LT and above has 8 inch with sat nav. I’m so interested in doing this but because mine is an Evoke, theres no hardware to use the satnav feature in the new unit.

they are different mylinks, the <ls+ has the silverbox style mylink and the >lt has the blackbox style.
the same thing is in the zb, the <rs has the silverbox and the >rs-v has the blackbox style.

with the zb because there are 2 different steering wheel types the <rs wheel controls do not work properly on the >rs-v mylink and cluster.

LyLy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 sv6 ute
what I understand is the silver box didn’t have satnav LS model and the black box did LT and LTZ,
Doesn’t Your equinox have AppleCarplay and android auto on the 7”screen??
if so there wouldn’t be a need for satnav

with the mylink for the vf I bought a unit with satnav and the aerial and it works normal

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
what I understand is the silver box didn’t have satnav LS model and the black box did LT and LTZ,
Doesn’t Your equinox have AppleCarplay and android auto on the 7”screen??
if so there wouldn’t be a need for satnav
She does have carplay in her equinox. And someone else is very jealous and wants it in his VF...

Bringing over the factory controls was somting I thought of when tassi first said that the VF buttons wont work. What you guys have put up today with the facias gives me hope. Both versions have CP/AA. I'll have to look into the differences between the silver and black versions.
If I do everything involved with changing the units over, I wont want a nav app on the home screen that wont work because the facilities behind it are not in the car. (Mental flash back to the horrible pandora app that still sits on our screens to this day)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
My thoughts Alpine only done these types of units to keep their foot in the with GM as the infotainment units in Holden vehicles have Alpine’s name on them and I don’t think there will be any further development from Alpine on the VF
There's a new one out, was going to be this month but has been apparently delayed for a month or two.
I agree with development with respect to the VF though, the new Alpine(s) will have more general features but won't have extra compatibility with the VF. eg. I think it will have proper Bluetooth CarPlay/Auto whereas one of those two needs the 'phone to be plugged-in with the current system, it'll have extra features like that, but it won't have the ability to display SatNav directions on the VF HUD.

LyLy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 sv6 ute
Does anyone know where I can buy the female grey connector same as the input on the mylink
I can’t find it anywhere I’ve search the net and other places we’re about 85% done but need the the female connector any help would be very much appreciated