Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slight knocking noise when idling in drive?????

sidrome

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Wagon
cheers for that dan ill give it a shot in the morning and ill let u know how i go

azzaVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina Wagon S1
If the sound is anywhere near the firewall/dash area, it's likely the aircon plumbing. It goes through the firewall behind the glovebox area, have someone sit in the car (in drive) and put your hand on the pipe... if it kills the noise, you've found it.

sidrome

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Wagon
If the sound is anywhere near the firewall/dash area, it's likely the aircon plumbing. It goes through the firewall behind the glovebox area, have someone sit in the car (in drive) and put your hand on the pipe... if it kills the noise, you've found it.

I checked that out today and its all good. I gave the engine a bit of a push and held it there while the car was running and it stops the noise so im going to change the engine mounts its seems thats what it is

sidrome

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Wagon

I checked that out today and its all good. I gave the engine a bit of a push and held it there while the car was running and it stops the noise so im going to change the engine mounts its seems thats what it is