Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

123esproc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss vs ss
That doesn’t help if I don’t know which wore I’m looking for … that’s the question I’m asking now is what wire sends signal to the pcm to start the fuel and I’ll test it

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
That doesn’t help if I don’t know which wore I’m looking for … that’s the question I’m asking now is what wire sends signal to the pcm to start the fuel and I’ll test it
research a pinout diagram then

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
You need to provide more info if you want decent advice. What codes do you have? This will guide us to help you.

If it is cranking and you have ignition or fuel it is most likely because the PCM is sending a no start signal to the BCM. This could be cause of a security issue, a comms issue or a sensor issue. See what the car is telling you, look up the diagnositcs and work through it methodically. Jumping all over the place is simply trying to guess when there are so many different potential causes.

Have you downloaded the manual?
Do you have access to a scanner?
What are the codes - current and hisotrical - this will tell the story that allows you to understand the problem.

Once you know the story you can solve the problem - until you do it is anyone's guess.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

123esproc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss vs ss
Yeah no worries I’ll try get a mate to scan it as I can’t scan it and the pin bridge on 5&6 on obd doesn’t work… so it is a guessing game until I get it scanned.
Is there any link to the workshop manual or wiring schematic associated with the bcm and pcm etc ??

Can anyone tell me what wires are the ones that tell the pcm/ecu to fire the pump from the key???

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
You need to provide more info if you want decent advice. What codes do you have? This will guide us to help you.

If it is cranking and you have ignition or fuel it is most likely because the PCM is sending a no start signal to the BCM. This could be cause of a security issue, a comms issue or a sensor issue. See what the car is telling you, look up the diagnositcs and work through it methodically. Jumping all over the place is simply trying to guess when there are so many different potential causes.

Have you downloaded the manual?
Do you have access to a scanner?
What are the codes - current and hisotrical - this will tell the story that allows you to understand the problem.

Once you know the story you can solve the problem - until you do it is anyone's guess.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls
yeah have to agree with ya
it could be a immobilliser, fuel or even a electrical pcm loom mismatch, who knows really without all the info
I never trust wire colours, pinout diagrams and back probing is the way to go with some luck as touching two wrong colour wire/pins is costly

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
Yeah no worries I’ll try get a mate to scan it as I can’t scan it and the pin bridge on 5&6 on obd doesn’t work… so it is a guessing game until I get it scanned.
Is there any link to the workshop manual or wiring schematic associated with the bcm and pcm etc ??

Can anyone tell me what wires are the ones that tell the pcm/ecu to fire the pump from the key???
I will look for you time permitting
you know it takes time to do exactly, same time it would probably take you to look up schematics in manuals available online, at least you have your vx ss to compare.

123esproc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss vs ss
Yeah got the vx to compare
Once I know what wires to test with multimeter, I’ll start at the ignition and work towards the pcm… is it just one signal wire to come or would it be multiple?

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
A link to the manual is here

If I get a chance I will look through it it. Without looking at the wiring diagram I just don't know. If you have it in front of you check if it is a three or four wire; that will give you the answer.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls