Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sorry to say this on a Commodore forum...

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Manuals are the thing of the past, even Formula Ones are starting use automatics. Drag cars being using autos since late 60s.
If you are racing a car around a race track yeah manual, but as for manuals. Why in the earth do you want to be playing with ya car instead of driving it.

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
More involving drive and less strain on the engine. Besides, are autos boring as batshit or what?

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I never plan on owning an auto, unless I can't convince my future girlfriend/wife/whatever (if she exists) to learn to drive manual, in which case she can have an auto and I'll keep my manual ;).

Autos = boring and you have no control.

Even if I had cruise control I'd never use it. I'd rather drive the car myself. I came out of the pram when I was a toddler, I'm not going back into it as an adult!

vpdood

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp berlina
autos arent all bad. they still have the first 3 gears in most of the cars. i can sassure u that i know first and second are good for going around corners;). u have as much control in a auto as u do in a manual, u jus gotta no how to use ur car properly

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
It's just not the same...

And the psychological difference affects me... I sit in an auto and I'm like "ok... I feel like I should be DOING something..." and then I go crazy because I keep thinking it's going to stall any second.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
DavidPartay said:
I never plan on owning an auto, unless I can't convince my future girlfriend/wife/whatever (if she exists) to learn to drive manual, in which case she can have an auto and I'll keep my manual ;).

Autos = boring and you have no control.

Even if I had cruise control I'd never use it. I'd rather drive the car myself. I came out of the pram when I was a toddler, I'm not going back into it as an adult!

As manuals are becoming rare they will soon be obselite (spelling? :p) Preformace cars are becoming auto with quickselect, not much diff just no clutch. Plus the society is becoming very lazy

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Ehh, well my next car will be a VY SS Wagon, and I KNOW they came in manual, so ner ;).

Although by the time I can afford it we'll probably have flying cars anyway :whistling

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
We have had this debate before and I don't really see the merit in a manual??? What are the benifits to one??

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
And on the topic of the original post..........my old man just got his new car, MkII Falcon Wagon.........now this is stock standard and cmae with: AirCon, Cruise, Front electric mirrors, cd, auto lights on feature, etc........
Step up Holden!!