Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Squeaky Brembo brakes on SSVR S2

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
Diggin up an old thread here, but about to do a Redline-spec Brembo upgrade to my base model SS and wondering if the Redline brakes came with shims standard and were replaced with different shims to stop the squealing?

Of if the shims mentioned in the posts above were an additional part? ie, from the factory there were no shims?

Only reason I'm asking is the kit I've got doesn't include shims - will be the pistons going straight up against the back of the pads.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Diggin up an old thread here, but about to do a Redline-spec Brembo upgrade to my base model SS and wondering if the Redline brakes came with shims standard and were replaced with different shims to stop the squealing?

Of if the shims mentioned in the posts above were an additional part? ie, from the factory there were no shims?

Only reason I'm asking is the kit I've got doesn't include shims - will be the pistons going straight up against the back of the pads.
The stock Bremo branded (Ferodo made) pads do have shims on them. Also dickie weights.
Better just to grease the back and edges of the pad backing plate with hi temp brake grease.

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
Will do! Bit excited, should be fitting it all up tomorrow - going something a bit different - black brembos with white lettering. Will have to get a Show Off Your Ride thread up.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Will do! Bit excited, should be fitting it all up tomorrow - going something a bit different - black brembos with white lettering. Will have to get a Show Off Your Ride thread up.
You will love the stopping power and how little pedal pressure you have to apply.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Let us know how they compare to stock brakes..

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
Sorry about the wait - got pulled away for work unexpectedly and put me back a weekend.

Brakes fitted up yesterday. I'm still bedding in the pads, but already can tell the difference.

Like Cuda said, lot less pedal pressure required. And the braking power ramps up so quickly as you apply more pressure.

Looking forward to giving them a real go once bedded in.

Biggest issue of the whole job for me was cutting back the rear backing plates - was a nervous wreck after that.

Will put some pics up soon in the appropriate areas.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
What did you cut the backing plates with?