Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stability control fault

Brocknarno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wags and vp ute
Gday just bought my sv6 wags yesterday with an engine light on.
Put a scan tool on it and comes up with a random misfire fault so I’m gonna change plugs and coils as it’s a bit rough when idling.
It comes up with a stability control fault when I start it up and it’s not until I start driving it for a few seconds it goes away.
Is this common and is it a good chance it’s the spark fault or the abs?

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
some times a dying battery can cause that issue so it might be a good idea to replace that first then at least you know the battery is fresh

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega

Surprisingly, there’s a good chance it’s linked to the misfires. Stability control relies on a lot of other parameters and a dirty/faulty MAF sensor or other engine issues can definitely force stability control to be disabled.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Low voltage. That system is one of the first to be cut by the ECM as it begins rationing available voltage to more necessary systems.

Get the battery load tested at somewhere like battery world and make sure the charge circuit is operating as it should be.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Make sure to go around and clean all the harness earth points in the engine bay. You can get misfires from that alone. Cleaning earths costs you nothing but some of your time.

Disconnect the negative terminal on the battery first.

Brocknarno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wags and vp ute
Make sure to go around and clean all the harness earth points in the engine bay. You can get misfires from that alone. Cleaning earths costs you nothing but some of your time.

Disconnect the negative terminal on the battery first.
Have you had this problem before?

Thedr313

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 SSV SPORTSWAGON
Gday just bought my sv6 wags yesterday with an engine light on.
Put a scan tool on it and comes up with a random misfire fault so I’m gonna change plugs and coils as it’s a bit rough when idling.
It comes up with a stability control fault when I start it up and it’s not until I start driving it for a few seconds it goes away.
When I encountered that problem it was the passenger side rear abs sensor. There are other things that can cause that to come up. Replacement of sensor fixed it for me, but I have a ssv sportwagon.

Brocknarno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wags and vp ute
When I encountered that problem it was the passenger side rear abs sensor. There are other things that can cause that to come up. Replacement of sensor fixed it for me, but I have a ssv sportwagon.
I’ll have a look make because I’m really not happy with how the abs is performing so that could help a lot. Thanks

Thedr313

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’ll have a look make because I’m really not happy with how the abs is performing so that could help a lot. Thanks
Hope you can sort it. Btw it should be referred to as a wheel speed sensor...My bad.... It is for traction control and abs.

Thedr313

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hope you can sort it. Btw it should be referred to as a wheel speed sensor...My bad.... It is for traction control and abs.
Btw, it could be an Abs module, I have never come across it on a commodore but did have to go to Tassie to change one on my mother in-laws Mazda 3.

Common problem apparently for them. Not s hard job, Sourcing one was. Got it from the UK in three days and worked treat. Mazda wanted 2,200 to fix 460 delivered from UK.

Reactions: Lex