Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I've seen the screws in the front liners. Now I have to go check the spare wheel well for the tool kit.
Should be packed in with the jack tools.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Use the proper tool not an Allen key. Why Holden would use a fitting like that is beyond me. Probably to remind you that the tranny is filled for life LOLOLOL and you need special qualifications to break the seal.
Yes and Harley Davidson do the same thing they put allen head bolts on the bolts you don't have to undo and torx on the bolts you have to undo to service the primary.
Supposedly torx can handle more torque and are less likely to round out compared to allen heads BUT only if you use the correct torx bit and to further complicate matters they also had a few bolts with torx+ yes a slightly different torx that can take more torque than a standard torx.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supposedly torx can handle more torque and are less likely to round out compared to allen heads BUT only if you use the correct torx bit and to further complicate matters they also had a few bolts with torx+ yes a slightly different torx that can take more torque than a standard torx.
If the correct Torx fasteners have been installed in the first place, otherwise it's drill, then EZEout...

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
If the correct Torx fasteners have been installed in the first place, otherwise it's drill, then EZEout...
If and a big "if" you have the room you can hammer a torx+ into a damaged torx and get it out. Not the most eloquent of methods but it has saved my backside a few times when someone else used a T25 bit in a T27 bolt.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
If and a big "if" you have the room you can hammer a torx+ into a damaged torx and get it out. Not the most eloquent of methods but it has saved my backside a few times when someone else used a T25 bit in a T27 bolt.
Wasn't enough room to swing a hammer, could barely fit a small right-angle drill with a stubby bit in it to drill the fastener.
Had to do about 30 of them.
At least they were steel Torx screws, not titanium fasteners...