Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sudden Loss of Power Steering WHEN DRIVING

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ maybe you should aks some North American about their education standards :p

Guess you can't have 350M highly educated people as, for the government, it would then be like hearding cats. But dumb them down and they'll vote for the Trumps of the world :oops:

In any case, whatever the spelling, via language polution from Holywood or via other media, our own governments seems to be dumbing down of our population. We don't seem so far behind :(

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Indeed.

But why is maths the correct English abbreviation for mathematics (yet Americans incorrectly call it math) ... and yet the plural of Lego is Lego and (yet the Americans pluralise it to Legos - like you can cook & eat it with a nice bolognese sauce)?!?!

You're wondering why Americans butcher the English language ?

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Well...if I may... just restating my question... My '14 Evoke wagon had the full rack change, etc. I'm hoping that I never get to meet the "Satan of Steering" any time soon! :eek::) I may be trading the car shortly and I'd like to think that whoever gets my car (which has been very well looked after) will get years of good service out of it without any steering gremlins.

Oh...and as a former chalky... "Maths" is the contraction used in all of the English-speaking world EXCEPT for the US and Canada. This from the "Grammarist" website which I've found to be invaluable for the last few years:

"Neither abbreviation is correct or incorrect. You may hear arguments for one being superior to the other, and there are logical cases for both sides. One could argue maths is better because mathematics ends in s, and one could argue math is better because mathematics is just a mass noun that happens to end in s. In any case, English usage is rarely guided by logic, and these usage idiosyncrasies are often arbitrary. If you were raised in a part of the world where people say maths, then maths is correct for you, and the same is of course true of math. Don’t listen to anyone who says otherwise."

As to Americans being "dumb" ...well they are no more "dumb" than we are with about the same ratio of kooks per capita. Australians tend to be less rabidly nationalistic and display less foolish jingoism in my experience. What you all must remember is that the US has been responsible for most of the technical advances in science, medicine and engineering for the last 80 or so years. Yes... there were people of other nationalities involved (Werner Von Braun was a former NAZI German but he pushed NASA to get men to the moon) but that's the special thing about the US. It's a big melting pot of many nationalities that all seem to blend in to become American. In that way I think they outdo our PC governments and Ivory Tower experts who push multiculturalism. In the US you are expected to think of yourself as an American once you gain citizenship and to learn English and understand a bit about American history (it's actually a part of their citizenship test). A similar situation existed for "New Australians" who could keep many aspects of their culture as long as they made an effort to learn English and assimilate into the larger Australian mix. Sadly multiculturalism has now given us groups of people arriving here with no English, no drive to learn English and no real impetus to respect Australian culture...hence all these "African Australian" lads running around doing home invasions, smash and grabs and steaming raids. Just my two cents...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Well...if I may... just restating my question... My '14 Evoke wagon had the full rack change, etc. I'm hoping that I never get to meet the "Satan of Steering" any time soon! :eek::) I may be trading the car shortly and I'd like to think that whoever gets my car (which has been very well looked after) will get years of good service out of it without any steering gremlins.

Oh...and as a former chalky... "Maths" is the contraction used in all of the English-speaking world EXCEPT for the US and Canada. This from the "Grammarist" website which I've found to be invaluable for the last few years:

"Neither abbreviation is correct or incorrect. You may hear arguments for one being superior to the other, and there are logical cases for both sides. One could argue maths is better because mathematics ends in s, and one could argue math is better because mathematics is just a mass noun that happens to end in s. In any case, English usage is rarely guided by logic, and these usage idiosyncrasies are often arbitrary. If you were raised in a part of the world where people say maths, then maths is correct for you, and the same is of course true of math. Don’t listen to anyone who says otherwise."

As to Americans being "dumb" ...well they are no more "dumb" than we are with about the same ratio of kooks per capita. Australians tend to be less rabidly nationalistic and display less foolish jingoism in my experience. What you all must remember is that the US has been responsible for most of the technical advances in science, medicine and engineering for the last 80 or so years. Yes... there were people of other nationalities involved (Werner Von Braun was a former NAZI German but he pushed NASA to get men to the moon) but that's the special thing about the US. It's a big melting pot of many nationalities that all seem to blend in to become American. In that way I think they outdo our PC governments and Ivory Tower experts who push multiculturalism. In the US you are expected to think of yourself as an American once you gain citizenship and to learn English and understand a bit about American history (it's actually a part of their citizenship test). A similar situation existed for "New Australians" who could keep many aspects of their culture as long as they made an effort to learn English and assimilate into the larger Australian mix. Sadly multiculturalism has now given us groups of people arriving here with no English, no drive to learn English and no real impetus to respect Australian culture...hence all these "African Australian" lads running around doing home invasions, smash and grabs and steaming raids. Just my two cents...
Yes. But still, I know where I'd rather live.
As for the home invasions etc, I doubt the group you've singled out are any worse than any of the other lowlife scumbags committing these crimes. Many of them are institutionalised 3rd or 4th gen dole bludgers.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.

Agreed some what....look at all the crime in Western Sydney....every night shootings and stabbings etc....and the some of it is from other nationalities particularly with accosting woman, drugs, murder, alcohol, scammers, domestics and gangs....I do like this country and I am Aussie through and through...and a lot of the language is now American slang....I hate to see crime movies that show shootings and instils hatred etc....and the word f**K..... how Australia has changed in my life time....but there are a lot of good people that live Australia...and I blame the Media for high lilting and stirring up this "Trump" fake news.....My 2 bobs worth...it is 18c worth more than 2c ...have a happy day.

Last edited:

AtQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Hi Gents,

I need to pump this topic up. Does any one driving a VF2 MY16 manufactured in 2016 with experiencing this problem. My VF2 are not among the affected VIN numbers

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hi Gents,

I need to pump this topic up. Does any one driving a VF2 MY16 manufactured in 2016 with experiencing this problem. My VF2 are not among the affected VIN numbers

No it shouldn't be affected

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi Gents,

Are you having steering problems?

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
I have a VFII manufactured in Nov 16. No steering problems at all.