Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Teenager faces five year stretch

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
erm,they are under18,norealjailtimewill beseen,maybe2 years ofjuvenlie that will be it...

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
minux said:
erm,they are under18,norealjailtimewill beseen,maybe2 years ofjuvenlie that will be it...

did your space bar break? :whistling

it's good they got these new laws but the scumbags will get out of it

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
The new law aimed at fleeing drivers was introduced on Sunday, August 13, and carries a maximum penalty of five years jail.

max? that should be minimum
he will go to court get told blah blah dont do it again and he will be out as usual
when will cops wake up to car theives they have guns shoot them
problem solved:)

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
The threat of 5 years jail is better than just a slap on the wrists, but even that will not be enough to deter a lot of thieves. It really bugs me when you read in the news about a repeat offender (for whatever crime, not just car theft or speeding) that gets let off with a warning and a fine, or probation.

nizmovk said:
the middle east remedy was to remove the hands - simple; you'll never take another thing ever again..with your fingers anyway...

Thats true, but slightly unjust if you happen to be innocent!

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
they'll just cry to the judge 'im sorry judge,we where just out for some and we fled from the cops as they were intimidating' judge says 'oh you poor people just dont do it again ok'

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Good to hear, although if i were the owner of the car, i'd like to deal some punishment myself.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Hmmm... I think its a great idea, something had to be done about car theives and they deserve what they get! However... On the other hand, If you send a 16 year old to jail you're potentially making things worse, by the time they get out they would be more inclined to follow a life of crime because whilst in jail they would pick up alot of stuff, also ruines any chace of living a 'normal' life, job prospects etc etc. That being said they do the wrong thing they should be punished accordingly, just not sure if jail is the right way. Maybe some sort of community service and fines. But im talking massive hours of community service and fines which would pretty much wipe any teen out. That would deter them, second or third offence then jail would be more appropriate, but still i reckon juvie... anyway, everyone has thier own opinions. Just wish there weren't people like that in our society

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
...What if there was some way to teach these kids respect for others property, and for cars themselves, and that they can own their own car they can be proud of. I tend to agree- lock 'em up and it generally makes the situation worse. They become better crims, and have absolutly no respect when they come out.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
they dont have respect now so no loose no gain lock em keep them off the streets