Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Text messages on VF Series 2 My link Redine SSV

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i would bet it's because you have imessage enabled - these are not text messages.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
iPhone SE is, as far as I know, mostly an iPhone 6 innards inside an iPhone 5 case
It's an iPhone 6S with an iPhone 5S case. It has all the 6S internals which means that it is able to update to iOS 13.

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
I have a 6, not a 6S which wont upgrade.

Thehick

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SV6 Black
Thanks to all who replied. I read the manual again and found the piece about Notificatins O on the iPhone menu. It started working after the second message. Cannot read while car moving though. Have to listen.

I see that some people posted the answer too. Thanks again.
I atill cannot get mine to work. I am using an iphone x and have notifications turned on. Txt message option does not show up in phone screen. Just enter number, phone book, call lists and phone settings only

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I atill cannot get mine to work. I am using an iphone x and have notifications turned on. Txt message option does not show up in phone screen. Just enter number, phone book, call lists and phone settings only
Mine was working about … I’m going to say a year ago was the last time I got a message or tried to send one, and it worked.
1-3 month agos, after an iOS update which was mentioned in a similar separate thread to this, mine stopped working.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Ok... I use Android, Samsung S5 and A30, both just needed pairing.

I have an A31 and like yours, it works as soon as it's paired.

It gets a bit boring though when someone sends a pic or a sequence of emojis, as it sometimes reads out gibberish.

Thehick

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SV6 Black
Mine was working about … I’m going to say a year ago was the last time I got a message or tried to send one, and it worked.
1-3 month agos, after an iOS update which was mentioned in a similar separate thread to this, mine stopped working.
Thanks for the update. Hopefully someone will be able to sort it out for us.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I use Android, Samsung S5
Good to know that someone uses an older Samsung than mine. A mate of mine's son reckons my MY19 S10 is a museum piece and I need a new one. I told him "He's dreaming", a 4 year old phone to me is almost brand new!

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Good to know that someone uses an older Samsung than mine. A mate of mine's son reckons my MY19 S10 is a museum piece and I need a new one. I told him "He's dreaming", a 4 year old phone to me is almost brand new!
I just gave the S5 to a mate, second owner and still going strong.