Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The gift that keeps on giving - service ESP warning

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Steve Bowden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais 6.0 Series 1
Hi guys this started out as a “service ESP’. Post... morphed a bit, as things tend to.

My VF1 Calais V 6.0L, 142,000 klm, with full tune, 3” system, CAI etc...”service ESP” message, together with traction control light, and flashing engine light came on a couple of months ago, took it to the tuner, who tracked the fault codes and replaced injectors.

Went great for a few weeks. Then, Boxing Day, it happens again. And again. And the tuner shop doesn’t open again til 18th January.

Any ideas what causes? Who’s had it and how was it fixed? Is it a known problem that Holden are aware of?

Cheers,

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
My car never had an issue with this since the original post. Still same factory battery.

In your case...if the injectors were replaced...could be anything.
No point in guessing with scanning it for error codes unfortunately

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Get it scanned using an OBD tool and report the error code(s) here. That should give us some hints on what the issue could be.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Wasn’t this engine replaced to resolve piston slap issues? As such, injectors and many sensors are new unless part of the the ancillary equipment that was transferred across from the old motor. In theory not so much for the dealer to check ;)

But I’d first look at my fuel receipt to make sure I put in what I wanted to put in (some have said going from 98 to 95 or 91 or vice versa can cause idle issues - odd on an engine that can take all versions sold in Aus though Holden says 95 recommend).

In any case I’d be fuming and back at the dealers demanding an explanation. I wouldn’t try and fault find the issue myself as I’d likely be over the Holden ownership experience :eek:

Guess it’s way overdue for our legislators to bring well defined lemon laws so in such instances of multiple faults and frustrations one can simply return the vehicle and get a refund. ACL allows for such but it’s more convoluted than it needs to be and not clearly spelt out (so regulator captured interpretations creep in).
Would be a good subject for John Cadogan to cover.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Would be a good subject for John Cadogan to cover.
No point in John Cadogan pissing on the dead since he has so many live subjects to piss on :p