Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The gift that keeps on giving - service ESP warning

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Will you blame Holden for sealing the battery? The battery manufacturer would design and make the battery for the automotive manufacturer....
Anthony, you need to work on your reading comprehension a little as I haven’t blamed Holden for the design of the battery charging system or sealed calcium battery as used in the VF.

I’ve simply pointed to the VF workshop manual for those interested in understanding the system a little better and agreed that one should change the battery for the exact same type that was installed originally. I did have a few minor points of uncertainty that @crisp was kind enough to clarify which is wha5 these forums should be about.

In other battery related threads, I have made a comment about the irony of a complex fuel saving charging system being used in a gas guzzling 6.2 litre V8. And in this thread I did make a general comment about it being typical for different companies to use similar terms to describe different things but that’s hardly something to get your undies in a knot over.

The quicker people get over blind brand loyalties and start to evaluat design and manufacture of what they buy rather than the typical “ooh that’s a nice red colour” the better society will be.

As to blaming Holden, well you may feel a little blame towards them for removing the fuel pump access hatch from under the rear seat when it comes time to change your fuel filter and have to fork out $$$ for what should be a simple and cheap maintenance task. Something that should be specified within the service schedule but is conveniently missing.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I tend to have a little brand loyalty but not at my cost and its always reevaluated. Some of my extended family after growing up holden now think there trendy posh people will only buy euros and not the great cars either. literally only drive volkswagons except 2 renaults out of about 10 cars.

Got told I was an idiot buying a shitty holden ute. Yet leave them for dust, can carry more in the bed, street cred from down to earth people rather than overmortgaged uppity folk.

I love cars but they are not apart of my persona and so loyalty to brand is only about liking what they have done before but then researching to see if they've continued that previous perceived value.

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
VW and upmarket... lol

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
^ it is the gift that keeps on giving :oops:

Thought have done a cursory check of all equipment transferred across, especially injectors since they are known to be problematic on some LS3’s.

Holden, quality in design, manufacture and service... o_O
I think their cursory check doesn't go any further than making sure no nuts and bolts are left sitting on the inner guard under the engine bay before they drop the bonnet.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^Yeah, you’re correct @KING46Calais V and likely what’s lost in the engine bay stays in the engine bay o_O

Wonder how many tools @Ron Burgundy found once he got home and popped the bonnet as I’ve had repairs done and scores some free tools :oops:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
^yeah, you’re correct @KING46Calais V and likely what’s lost in the engine bay stays in the engine bay o_O Wonder how many tools @Ron Burgundy found once he got home and popped the bonnet as I’ve had repairs done and scores some free tools :oops:

Scored a genuine SP Tools plastic trim tool after a warranty visit to the local dealership.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Geez, I've lost more under there than found.

Even a pair of glasses I didnt know id left there and couldn't find for a month. Had a close look at what I thought was a grasshopper leg, ended up being the arm of the glasses melted to the exhaust manifold.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I topped up my oil in the carport at 4am before work. Didnt notice the rag had fallen down the front of the block. Slithered in between the serpentines. Didnt get it running for a week.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Topped up the oil on the family TDi wagon just before we left for our Easter holiday, a 5 hour drive.
As I turned around to get something my 3 year old must have thrown her snowman teddy up behind the engine near the turbo.
Only noticed the little pink hat sticking up as I did a last minute glance of the engine bay before dropping the bonnet.
I had to explain to her that snowman can't sit next to the turbo as he would catch fire and he would have to sit next to her instead!