Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Great NZ Lockdown 2020 thread

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I don't think a shop can refuse legal tender as a form of payment under normal circumstances. Obviously the current situation is a bit different.
Our puppy is due for her third injection tomorrow. I had a phone call from the Vet's late this afternoon saying they would not accept cash as a method of payment. Didn't make any difference to us as we were paying by eftpos.
Off subject but anytime your children tell you they want to be a carpenter or a mechanic whack them around the ear and tell them to become a vet or a doctor or a dentist.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Not much different than normal for me I get up make coffee and head for the shed. No visitors is gonna get a little weird but I have a group chat going on messenger with some mates that has been a huge source of laughs allready daily 7pm video chat every day. Couple of us have scanners and keeping up on the downlow on the streets. We're 5 police chases in 2 hours in 1 Town tonight and the cops are busy as ****. 4 dog units on instead of the normal 1.people are calling the cops on there neighbours cause people are still visiting and getting on the piss. Cars still getting stolen joy ridden and burnt out. Some just arnt taking it serious, some refuse to be told what to do we are going to be locked down for much longer than 4 weeks

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
LOL
Well you can't change New Zealand into China over night, peeps are gonna get cranky, that's fully true, 'ey bro
Same would prolly happen here

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I don't want to be racist but our Asian neighbours 2 doors down had multiple visitors yesterday.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
....then you should have said...our neighbours 2 doors down. *chuckle*

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
For all you mob stuck in isolation and have movie streaming or DVD mail order.

I recommend a series called, The Almighty Johnsons.
Produced and filmed in New Zealand.
It's a drama/fantasy/comedy

I've seen all 3 series (36 episodes)
Loved it :cool:
The casting, scripting and plot are all excellent.
It's for mature audiences though, wouldn't recommend it for young kids as it has some adult content and humour.

If the characters were also satirical regarding the average Kiwi, man you guys can put away the beer and alcohol.
The scripting was so well done and the plot weaved it's way nicely to keep me hooked.
Great entertainment
5 popcorns

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Day 2, Friday 27 March 2020

Weight: 113.4kg

Been a long day. Spent most of it doing my job as a union site delegate (by remote). Long story short I probably don't have a job any more.

On a positive note, the missus isn't any worse, possibly a bit better.

******* Chinese and their disgusting habits.

Last edited:

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
We took our puppy to the vets today. They had warning signs outside the vets about the coronavirus. We had to wait outside, the receptionist came out with a form asking if we had been overseas in the last fortnight or been in contact with anyone with coronavirus. While we were there a man went inside, when he came out the receptionist sprayed the inside handle with a sanitiser. The vet came out and took the puppy inside for her injections. She returned, the wife went in and paid the bill. The receptionist would have gone through the same process again. The whole process took about 3/4 of an hour compared to normally about 1/4 of an hour.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Another day of imposed hibernation done. Not feeling physically abnormal or mentally stressed.

Put the Terri in the drive way and let it idle for about 30 minutes. It was clean inside so I gave it a good vacuuming, just because I could.
The interior got a clean with a damp chamois, and rubbed some ‘Oakwood’ into the pleather upholstery.
Talked to an old bloke walking past for about 10 minutes from a distance of 15 metres, (no idea who he was) about our flowering trees and the state of the nation. Filled in a few more hours with phone calls and emails.

Last night I pondered the meaning of life while half watching a crap James Bond movie,
As certified card-carrying nearly fully-self-funded retirees, we have no debts, no job to worry about not being there next week, no mortgage payments. Apart from watching my superannuation balance creep lower, I thought, that personally, we are in a position where we are not going to be badly impacted. (Under current conditions and rules, next week is yet to happen) Our lives are pretty much as per normal, just can't go anywhere.

For the first time in a couple of years, my digital bathroom scales show 3 figures instead of 4. I am 2kg lighter than when we went to NZ, and attribute that to not doing the daily supermarket run, and accidently buying chips, choccy bars, nuts or flavoured milk.