Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The King is dead. Long live the King! RIP Commodore :-(

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Says you Forg! Haha. There is actually a lot if interest in old Vals. Even povo pack models. Decent R/T (e37,38, 48 & 49's) can bring big six figure prices. But yeah, Vals were always the underdog in sales numbers. Not so in the underpinning engineering, power, torque and many others aspects of the cars back in the day though.
Oh, I wasn’t talking about the cars themselves, just the image which Holden & Ford managed to pull-off by comparison.
Yes those performance packs are worth good money, but then compare to the value of the Falcon or Kingswood/Monaro which it performed as well as. :)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Oh, I wasn’t talking about the cars themselves, just the image which Holden & Ford managed to pull-off by comparison.
Yes those performance packs are worth good money, but then compare to the value of the Falcon or Kingswood/Monaro which it performed as well as. :)
Yeah hey. Though not so long ago the best of all 3 were worth SFA.
As well as You say? Ha! Val's kicked Holden and Fords butts!;)
You might be surprised at what they're bringing these days though. E.g.
received_593759611435965.jpeg

Sorry, to digress. But, someone mentioned Vals and, well you know, the old Mopar magic springs eternal. I hope there are people like us around in 30 years to appreciate these beauties.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Something I've been contemplating for some time....

With the high prices for these older performance cars being driven primarily, imho, by those of a certain age who are cashed up or have accessible equity in real estate to finance the purchases buying these things coz they had them or wished they had them in days gone bye, does / will the subsequent generations have access to the same levels of buying power or even desire to own them in years to come ?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'm probably wrong on this, but wasn't the VE from 2008 to around 2010 a German car, the body??
Does the VF I and II have a German chassis (or body)? I ask this because the VF II has the battery in the cargo area, which I first noted when my bestie bought a VE in 2009 and we, somewhat comically, went looking for the battery!! :p :p

Yep, you're wrong. VE/F has the most Aus design content by far borrowing virtually nothing chassis wise from anything else. Foreign content was up somewhat with a lot of Chinese/Asian content + imported V8 drivetrains from the 'murikas

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I found this tonight :D

upload_2019-12-11_23-54-33.png

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
View attachment 208215
Sorry, to digress. But, someone mentioned Vals and, well you know, the old Mopar magic springs eternal. I hope there are people like us around in 30 years to appreciate these beauties.

Back in the late '70's my mate's 3 speed manual 4 door VG Hemi Pacer blew away my L34, it took me years to get over it.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
78844104_2664858863560300_9159453487447146496_n.jpg

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Something I've been contemplating for some time....

With the high prices for these older performance cars being driven primarily, imho, by those of a certain age who are cashed up or have accessible equity in real estate to finance the purchases buying these things coz they had them or wished they had them in days gone bye, does / will the subsequent generations have access to the same levels of buying power or even desire to own them in years to come ?
Even more so I think. People in general are wealthier while working and retiring with more wealth than ever before. That, coupled with no more new Aussie performance cars will great demand well into the future in my view.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Oh ... kay ... :)
Actually, they did in racing in New Zealand. As a Chrysler Dude, I assume you're aware of that? I think it was called the NZTCC (equivalent of ATCC), but where here they didn't get far against Folden, in NZ everyone else was pwned by Chargers for many years. I don't know why, mind you.

Aside - the price on that E49 is obviously intended to be comedy. :)

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
View attachment 208215
Asking and getting two different things.