Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The L67 Ute

StrokedLyfe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS S2
Hi Pete, yes still work in progress lol.
Good the hear you picked up a ute with the L67, yes need to show us some pics (we all love pic's)
Remember the VR-VS Section for any questions on the ute....
Oh i see your from the Goldy, im at Tweed Heads just down the road...
This is a sign from the holden gods... maybe we'l have to have a car meet up sometime northern nsw/goldcoast

Last edited:

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Thanks for the welcome.
yeah I saw the VR-VS section, that's going to come in extremely helpful I think.
Sounds like a plan, once I've put some time and effort into the ute, we'll have to catch up. :ThumbsUp

ossbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Hey mate love this thread
Reckon u can post it photos of the interior with all the statesman parts, iv got a 96 vs Ute project and currently looking for seats and door cards. Got no clue which ones to go

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Hey mate love this thread
Reckon u can post it photos of the interior with all the statesman parts, iv got a 96 vs Ute project and currently looking for seats and door cards. Got no clue which ones to go

I have pulled the interior apart atm, was about to get the roof lining done in grey velour to match the velour sun visors i have.
I haven't done the electric window as yet so i still got the original door cards in place.

I do have velour Statesman Seats, Carpeted Kick Panels, Velour Glove Box, Velour Sun Visors. I also have the Statesman Level 3 Dash but not wired up yet.

Compared to my other VS Ute it looks and feels plush and comfy.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Still waiting on roof lining, apparently you can't buy velour any more so they are seeing if they can chase something up from interstate.

Ordered some SS Fog Lights this week, ment to be like unicorns to find (unless you pay $550 on ebay)
Found a site that sells them for $60 each
s-l1600tyy.jpg

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Ok, Bezels turned up yesterday as it turns out i will need 12 bezel retainer clips to hold them in place which works out to another $50 dollars just for them.

Started cutting the bezel holes on a spare bumper i have here so if i stuff up it's no big deal.
Almost there with one side but the rain is hampering me too much today, i will finish it off tomorrow.
Big shout out to @markovr for his thread show how to do it some time back.

This bumper is gunna cost me lol
$120 for the bezels
$50 for retainer clips
$250 for 2x Fog Lights with brackets
Still got to find a front lip to finish it off, then painting....

Will add some pics tomorrow of the process and finished deal.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
I managed to finish one side off, sitting with no clips holding it in yet.
Made a bit of a meal out of the slots for tabs lol bit to long but you don't see them once the retainer clips go on at the back.

Before i do the other side I would like to make a template in thin cardboard, tried today but i moved it a touch and stuffed it up so i will have another go on the weekend when i have more time.

20210325_160510.jpg

The bumper is a bit rough as well as a spare.
The only problem with it is the plastic edge where the bolts go through have broken off which is quite common on them.
Wondering if i can plastic weld the little bits back on, i have seen a plastic welder for $16 at Bunnings which looks like it would do the job.
I can use the off cut bits i already have, then cut to size and weld. Will prob need a smooth off with the Dremel drill.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I did this ( fitted vs ss besals/ fog lights) to my vs s pack ute but never took notes = absolutely loved the look = unfortunately the ute met a premature end = written off = had the option of buying back but not viable.
But it did lead to me owning my maloo = approaching = 9 years now!!!