Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tired suspension

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Super Spares are about the cheapest for parts. I've used them a few times.

oms

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 CalaisV LS3
Im looking for both kyb and Monroe gt and can only find the entry level part numbers (excel-g and oespec respectively)

Does anyone have the parts numbers for the Monroe gt sports?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don't think Calais are FE2
I think they called it "FE1.5" didn't they?
A little more control than an Evoke but not as firm as FE2.
No ... no it turns out that's wrong, Evoke & Calais had the same FE1 ... the FE1.5 thing for Calais went away when VF was released.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
I’ve got a set of OESpectrum shocks to soon go on my S2 VF SV6 (Hence FE2)

I’m probably the only one but I wanted to keep stock height, mine does double duty with a bike rack on the back and often goes along dirt roads.

When I had my OEM (manufactured by Monroe) FE2 struts out to do a diff swap recently, I compared (the rears atleast) and the OESpectrum struts main body’s have a bigger diameter, and I reckon have a significantly higher oil volume compared to stock.

I thought they would be rebadged FE2 struts but they certainly seem different so if you’re not wanting to lower they could still be a good option

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I’ve got a set of OESpectrum shocks to soon go on my S2 VF SV6 (Hence FE2)
Personally, I wouldn't use OESpectrum shocks with FE2 springs, I'd use GT Sport. OESpectrum shocks suit the softer non-FE2 spring rates of an Evoke, Calais etc.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Personally, I wouldn't use OESpectrum shocks with FE2 springs, I'd use GT Sport. OESpectrum shocks suit the softer non-FE2 spring rates of an Evoke, Calais etc.

When I was initially looking for replacement shocks, the Monroe website led me to believe that the GT Sport shocks only work with lowered springs? As I wanted to keep the ride height factory, this is why I went down the road of OESpectrum

Can the GT Sport's be used with the OEM FE2 Springs and factory bottom out bumpers? (Over time ive collected all applicable OEM bushings and bumpers for each shock when sales are on, to do a full rebuild of each strut)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Sheesh those Monroe (ie. cheap) OE spec shocks have a higher RRP than Bilstein B8’s!!

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Sheesh those Monroe (ie. cheap) OE spec shocks have a higher RRP than Bilstein B8’s!!

Bought the ones I have back in 2021 on a solid Sparesbox sale, for a bloody fraction of what the set is now!