Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre rubbing on strut

blk_s_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ S V6 6 speed ute
Nope, because they sit just as close as the factory ones. They have same tyre profile.
Someone has said you’re in Perth or WA do you know anyone I can take to that will give me an accurate honest assessment? TIA

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
True, but they are no more prone to hitting the strut than any other wheel.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
True, but they are no more prone to hitting the strut than any other wheel.
What I'm suggesting is less give means harder impact to other areas around them and higher chances of damaging something else. I don't think I mentioned that this will make it more likely to hit the strut? Apologies if it sounded that way. I did say in my second reply I ended up opening the photo and admitted I was wrong about the rims being wrong fit for the car, from reply #1.

I also mentioned that I hit a deep pot hole pretty damn hard on my way to work with 225/50 16s on a car with older suspension than the OPs VZ and I never bent a strut. But it did smash the top right off, IMO I think if the strut was damaged the strut top bush should have busted too, unless it's different because it's lowered and it's a VZ?

H

harrop.senator

didn’t mention alignment other than camber adjustment could be done but frame is bent. I took it to Pedders as they are suspension and alignment people. It was just 4 wheel aligned prior to going away and hitting pot hole. I don’t know Jax? I am im Perth and it’s booked in with Wilkinson Suspension next
oh thanks mate

Ten pack of cider is about $20 if you buy new strut tops and bearings head around and I'll fit the new struts then send it for an alignment. Wilkinson do good work they're 10 mins from me and do my fully adjustable suspension alignments.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ten pack of cider is about $20 if you buy new strut tops and bearings head around and I'll fit the new struts then send it for an alignment. Wilkinson do good work they're 10 mins from me and do my fully adjustable suspension alignments.
You're a good man.

blk_s_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ S V6 6 speed ute
okay thanks man

H

harrop.senator

You're welcome man , I'll check the sway bar links , rotors and pads. If we do it on a Saturday I have a trade account at veales so we can just sort out what I CAN SEE on the floor. The subframe needs a jig and lasers to see if it's no good. We can sort out whatever I find but while it's up in the air.

blk_s_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ S V6 6 speed ute
You're welcome man , I'll check the sway bar links , rotors and pads. If we do it on a Saturday I have a trade account at veales so we can just sort out what I CAN SEE on the floor. The subframe needs a jig and lasers to see if it's no good. We can sort out whatever I find but while it's up in the air.
legend - it’s had new rotors new pads new urethane bushes new tie rods

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I hit a pithole that took out 2x 20" tyres and didn't sustain any other damage.