Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent Advice need on the L77

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
i think you deserve a new redline edition for your troubles..... & one that doesnt rattle..lol

OldDog

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 1 SS Storm Ute
Phil, if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all mate! Its a pity that Australia doen't have the same "Lemon" laws as the US. A call to consumer affairs is in order i believe, surely they can do something to help.

Oh and are they giving you a hire car or something to use while this Fiasco plays out?

Cheers

Bill

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Hi all,

Well a trip out to the dealer today after they put the heads back on and new engine oil, coolent etc.

I was there for the first fire after they primed the engine prior to starting. The noise was incredible. I did a video of the new motor see if you can spot the noise. :)

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
OMG what the hell happened?? Is it dead??

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
its a ripper isn't it.

Before we go to far on this one. The problem was due to the tech that changed the cam (carried out the techline) missed the fact that you have to remove the 8 rubber O-rings.

This somehow was causing a pressure build-up or something making the noise bla bla bla......

The service foreman ripped off the intake and lifted the valley plate and there they were all 8. He took them out and put everything back together and retested the engine. All's quite now.

40mins work and it was fixed. To bad they had to rip the heads off and put back on. Cost of new gaskets, headbolts etc etc. I know they used new one as they didn't have time to get rid of the original ones.

Anyway I am due to have the car back tomorrow.

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Thats something atleast.

I still havent found time to take mine in yet, but worried it will become worse with what is going on with yours....

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
its a ripper isn't it.

Before we go to far on this one. The problem was due to the tech that changed the cam (carried out the techline) missed the fact that you have to remove the 8 rubber O-rings.

This somehow was causing a pressure build-up or something making the noise bla bla bla......

The service foreman ripped off the intake and lifted the valley plate and there they were all 8. He took them out and put everything back together and retested the engine. All's quite now.

40mins work and it was fixed. To bad they had to rip the heads off and put back on. Cost of new gaskets, headbolts etc etc. I know they used new one as they didn't have time to get rid of the original ones.

Anyway I am due to have the car back tomorrow.

Morons...

Phil, are you in a position to upgrade? Unless you can find the Voodoo doctor to lift the curse, that's what I'd be doing

Advanced_Amatuer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2010
Not the dark side, for hate leads you to thee.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Got the car back this afternoon. The car was out most of the day being test driven (no not flogged!) by the service foreman (whos a friend). Everything checked out ok and was handed back. I'm to affraid to cold start it in the morning now as I don't want to hear if it slaps its head off.... I will just be selling it and not have to worry.

The darkside is one car I will be test driving, so to Nissan, Toyota and Subaru. But one thing is for certain, no more V8's.