Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Transmission service procedure & oil advice

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I've got "car scanner OBD2" and works well

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
'Torque' has Transmission Temp. I have a high stall converter and use it every day to see what the transmission is doing in day to day driving.

You need to enable the GM PID's and once that is done transmission temp is there. :)

motaba

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV REDLINE
from memory the auto VE / VF takes around 11 L of ATF for a full flush,

I did my VE with a simple drain and refill with filter change, I just measured what came out, and put that volume back in,

the tricky part was getting the rubber O ring out which the filter neck slips into, you basically have to destroy it to get it out, but you get a new one in the kit,

In hind sight, Im sure you can disconnect the cooling lines at the radiator, join one to fresh fluid and the other to drain, then run the car in neutral and let the pump do the work - this worked for me on a barina so i cant see why it wouldnt on a VF

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Anyone got a place that supplys the camaro deep pan and wide mouth filter other than ebay for a VF R8 6L80e ?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
In hind sight, Im sure you can disconnect the cooling lines at the radiator, join one to fresh fluid and the other to drain, then run the car in neutral and let the pump do the work - this worked for me on a barina so i cant see why it wouldnt on a VF

Wouldn't the fluid just mix up in the sump before coming back out?

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
Anyone got a place that supplys the camaro deep pan and wide mouth filter other than ebay for a VF R8 6L80e ?
eaglespares have one camaro pan on ebay for $50 or you can buy direct from there shop in dandenong vic , pan p/n 24250062
then buy the colorado filter pick up, which is the same as deep wide mouth camaro one , if you want the p/n for filter pickup let me know there about $35 cheers

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Ive had a look and they all look like std depth pans

Yes would like any part numbers that make sense for this modification

Thanks

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
I just bought a Camaro deep pan kit off eBay, paid way too much probably. $295 delivered. Was here in two days...impressive.

Now to book into a gearbox place to have it installed!

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Had mine serviced yesterday at $140. I supplied the parts. A bit steep considering including a test drive and a code read it took all of 45mins. Anyone doing it should consider if they are going to periodically change pan or leave it for life. If your a bit of a maintainence freak, Id suggest buying/supplying your own oil so you can forever stick with the same brand for every change, remembering your mixing new with old every time and/or brand A with brand B for those that mix and match.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Ive had a look and they all look like std depth pans

Yes would like any part numbers that make sense for this modification

Thanks
Gasket gm 24224781
Filter gm 24236933
Pan number as above.