Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vb to be vc satin black brock

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
what can I say?
Turbo-Junky-523307_449386788439634_63339033_n.jpg

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Testify the v8 253 from factory with twin syst is 96 kw, the donk im droping in is vr 130kw new and would have travel less and lost less power than 253. 308 made 125 in vb. amazing how mutch ploition gear chokes engines ht were making 179kw 308. Silly rules

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
nothing wrong with the V6
they sound like ****, but they actually go quite well compared to the old low comp, pollution choked carb V8

I'd still go for the V8 myself (because I love them) but the V6 will go well

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Im aware the 6 with smash the 8. But can drive fast on road (Overtaking acceptable) and girls dont like driving fast ;). 6 looks lame in shed everything elce v8 and love the sound. theres a hz 253 extractors no exhaust, thats nice and loud
I would have the 8 if laws aloud

And i found rust in rails no good :,( sorry no photos.

The vn rack look a little weatherd been out side to long, Will a vs rack fit? as for column want to mod to suit vr/vs adjustable. Part of running that column is that vr donor is belina got cruise control yay for wiring haha not looking forward to that

What diff have a vr wagon vs sedan or a vn sedan.
was thinking vn housing, wagon gears (manual) with vs axles (new bearings but from abs diff)
(Got to love having your own second gen wreckers in back yard lol) to bad theres no lsd centers.
If you have a vl t diff your more than welcome to donate but don't have much money

So much talk want to go do it,

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
The rail

image.jpg

The rust in the rail. :( got the section out of a vs that is going to scrap :)
Dumy fitted colom. Will need custom mount down the bottom were goes threw fire wall,any one done this before?

Pulled interior bits out of donor. Wiring is gunna be fun...

image.jpg
Pic of interior was a steal at $80odd

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Fixed rail

image.jpgimage.jpg

Fixed rust hole, teach kids to weld. Most useful skill ever! Was full of 30 odd years of grass and dirt, lots of moisture has been in there, lots of moisture.
What the authorities can't see on the inside of the rail cant hurt them. She'll be right

Who knows whats in order to put second gen pedal box in first gen?

And vr/vs steering column in to early girl? (Top mount same)and how to bolt that up to a vn rack?

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
looking good, wish i can do my VH but everytime i get one i have to sell it unexpectedly

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
not to be a douche but...

167762d1384425855-vb-vc-satin-black-brock-image.jpg

if everyone i know told me i shat apples, i would believe my **** was apples. that right there is a perforated weld. basically, it needs a new bead. the "authorities" tell you it shouldnt be perforate because itll just rip. like a perforated piece of cardboard.

im not trying to diss you at all. i totally respect the fact youre mucking around with your own car and the "next gen" of ace mechanics (we're a dying breed) need to be just like you, BUT you need to learn and learn fast that cutting corners is just not acceptable if you want to be GOOD at what you do. when it comes to welds, if you decide to do a section, then do it properley. if it means you have to fill more holes then fill them, but dont ever take on that "she'll be right mate" attitude that a lot of kids take. take pride in your work and do it properley

/rant

love your work mate.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Dont come to nz then ari ive seen far worse repairs.the other day i fixed a cracked sill foot long gash.remove the bog that had cracked and found a foot long alloy patch rivited in by 8 rivits and we had snapped 6 rivits launching at the drags lol all fixed now.ive seen a whole rear 1/4 on a mitsi hacked off then another hacked up 1/4 that looked like it was cut off with an axe tacked on with 12 10mm welds tacked here and then and then covered in 2" of bog was one of them jobs you end up sending to the crusher lol

Sent from my C8660 using Tapatalk 2

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
Update

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Christmas came early for me, box of goodies: new engine mounts, rear main, rocket cover gasket, (still to come inlet gasket),

Pulled out some early early rocket covers ( alloy not plastic) hope to polish em. Jass up the old donk

And found i have a manual pedal box suit early girl,

And ran out of mig wire :( need to get some more thinking of changing rad support to second gen
And go over some of my dog welds from before (thanks for correcting me)

It would be nice when it is on top of the to do list, dads hz comes first. i help him, he helps me. Its very very close to completion so not long now. Then on to commo, hotrod, bros morris (v8) the list goes on