Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM Tunning Software

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Trying not to make this a plug for PowerChip, and because I'm over this whole fuel ration bitching thats been going on in this particular thread.

AutoSpeed.com did a review on the PowerChip flash for the Alloytech and was quoted in the article to say.....

"In terms of fuelling, the standard tune is pretty rich – it runs about 10.7 or 10.8:1 [air-fuel ratio] . We adjust it to around 12.5:1. That’s where the engine likes to be – going leaner doesn’t give any more power,” Mr Ingram says."

So yes, the engines do run rich and quite possibly may have passed the EURO emissions guidelines. But they still run rich, maybe richer than they should.

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
I got bored yesterday so I thought I'd drop Greg an email about the VCM Software (also I'd heard a conflicting story from a tuning shop here in Perth) so I thought I'd go straight to the source and ask the question.

Boys.....Happy times are almost upon us. :)

Sent: Tuesday, 14 November 2006 9:14 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: VCM Suite for V6 Alloytech

Hey Guys,

I’ve heard some rumours around the traps that VCM Suite has a working version for the V6 Alloytech ECU. Is that true ??? Can the V6 owners rejoice at the chance to finally tune our vehicles ????

Cheers,
Nick

Sent: Wednesday, 15 November 2006 12:49 AM
To: 'Nick'
Subject: RE: VCM Suite for V6 Alloytech

Yes!

Give it a few more weeks tho!

Greg Brindley
Director
VCM Suite Australasia Pty Ltd
t. 61 3 8802 0199
f. 61 3 8802 0211
m. 0418 362 674
email: [email protected]
web: www.vcm-suite.com.au
Snail Mail: PO Box 199, Ringwood East, Vic. 3135

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
you guys that are getting the shitty fuel economy, is this a 175kw or 190kw motor, auto or manual ?

i do alot of driving and mostly its 50/50 town/highway and most tanks i get 9-9.5l/100km ... only time i have gone over about 11l/100km was when i had the ute fully loaded with a boat behind it and that was 14l/100km

this is a 6 speed manual 175kw .... and by no means is it casually driven.

Kilmo: thats good news on the software!

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
I whacked on Pacemakers the other day, so now the 175 Engine is running a full exhaust, with headers, and a SS Induction CAI.....I did a test on hwy fuel consumption.....I was on about 7.8L/100Km....I can't tell you about city fuel consumption....lol I'm still fanging around Perth....rofl.....when I settle down I'm guessing that it will come down from the 14L/100Km it's currently sitting on. :)

Nick

And YES....it is good news about the software.

Marzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Geeze how are you guys getting this sort of fuel economy????????? I average around 13.2/100 and thats just going to work and back (20k round trip). And I'm no lead foot by any means..........

Anyway, going to the dealer tomorrow about my brakes, might ask them about fuel consumption too...

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
I'm only on 14L/100Km because I'm hammering it at the moment.....usually around the 11.5-12L/100Km mark.....but I'm in a 6Sp Man, which, to be honest I don't baby around.

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
Mine currently runs @ 10.7L/100kM
highway drops to 9.01L/100Km

Still to do rollers & then exhaust mod (HM's) when they come out :w00t:

Last edited:

Willz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo Sv6 with leather
Got a little snapshot for my fuel consumption tonight coming home from joondalup

is as low as it goes crusing along at 95 down gnangarra road :thumbsup:

dsc00293rq5.jpg

cant wait till VCM software comes along. hopefully not that much more of a wait :yeah:

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Not bad Willz.....I've got a trip down south to Busselton coming up....So I'm gonna see what I can get it to, now that the pacey's are on =)