Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 2008 strange issue with Air Con (Front Vents ON and Off)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I believe there are 2.

Is yours a series 1? My S2 Redline has one large hole.
And the cowl above the filter housing on mine doesn't have the line of scrivets just forward of the windscreen, as shown in the pics supplied by @Fu Manchu .

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yes mine is a series 1. I didn't know it was there until I reached in to check the filter and got wet fingers. Then I went feeling around and found a tiny hole blocked with dirt.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I believe there are 2. One is quite massive and you could squeeze 3 fingers into it, the other is towards the left side of the filter and just big enough to poke some wipper snipper cord through. You are best just reaching in there and feeling around for it, like delivering a calf ;)
I will look for the Holes with my new Toy thanks from ALDI, the Last tool I got from them was a IMPACT Socket rated up to 350 Nm that is handy for Wheel Nuts and other stubborn nuts and Bolts but now last week I purchased another ALDO Tool and its a Fibre Optic Camera System with a Steel 1M lead. You can get a Optional 4M lead to The Camra system cost me $69.99

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I want to get one of those to check out the oil pickup through the sump plug...

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I love ALDI WORKZONE and other tools. I just about bough all of there tools in the last two years LOL. ALL for $69.95 or 9 ($70)

They went extremely quick, quicker than the Impact HD 350Nm wrench

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
You have 5 dimmable LED on the end of it + Plenty of feature to save all the pictures on your computer via mini and standard USB

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
My old friend is a Mechanic and it retiring his business, he told me last weekend he had to do a 2007 Ve commodore because of a conrod bearing were gone + the Chain was shot and in the Holden Owners log book it was accurate where he change oil every 8 to 10 k the max he went for a oil and filter change was 12,500. For the first year or so after warranty was gone he used Holden Dealer Service and after this he used other other reputable service places and since his car has 165,000K something on the car why does this car need new Bearing. We all know about the timing Chain issue on LEO Engines Built between a certain date from Jan 2006 to 18 May 2007 but why is this VE stuffed when the car has been serviced correctly and only 165k on the clock and according to my friend the car is very well kept. Was the demise of the engine caused by cheap oil? (Have to ask him about the pickup)

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
My old friend is a Mechanic and it retiring his business, he told me last weekend he had to do a 2007 Ve commodore because of a conrod bearing were gone + the Chain was shot and in the Holden Owners log book it was accurate where he change oil every 8 to 10 k the max he went for a oil and filter change was 12,500. For the first year or so after warranty was gone he used Holden Dealer Service and after this he used other other reputable service places and since his car has 165,000K something on the car why does this car need new Bearing. We all know about the timing Chain issue on LEO Engines Built between a certain date from Jan 2006 to 18 May 2007 but why is this VE stuffed when the car has been serviced correctly and only 165k on the clock and according to my friend the car is very well kept. Was the demise of the engine caused by cheap oil? (Have to ask him about the pickup)
Well now you have really got me thinking!
I've never seen that date range in connection to the timing chain issues. I think, from memory, my LEO was made about a week after the 18 th of May :) Maybe that's what's has helped me get to 270 K without any real problem. I hope you're dates are the real ones. Everyone else must be wrong!
That looks like a decent camera too!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well now you have really got me thinking!
I've never seen that date range in connection to the timing chain issues. I think, from memory, my LEO was made about a week after the 18 th of May :) Maybe that's what's has helped me get to 270 K without any real problem. I hope you're dates are the real ones. Everyone else must be wrong!
That looks like a decent camera too!
Have a look my friend , ALL about the LEO Engine. LOOK at the End of the story "LEO V6 Engine : Stretched Timing Chains) They even give you the Start to Finish or range in ENGINE NUMBERS where they had problems with the timing chains. Now if this is TRUE if buying a second hand VE keep away from VE V6's in this date ranges or Engines date ranges.
http://australiancar.reviews/holden_LE0.php

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
What I got.
Relearn Air Actuators

Have Air Con off.

IGN on, push and hold the rear demist button for about 5 seconds, you should hear all the actuators start moving.

A month or so later and VS_Pete is correct and the HVAC is working ok but if you disconnect the battery in the boot ( dont know how long for) then you have to re- teach the HVAC System again on what flap is doing what. The only thing that I forgot to do is take note of the amount of time the battery is disconnected in relation when you have to re-learn the system again.