Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE HVAC System Info

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Just wondering if anyone knows why my a/c fan doesn’t work however will occasionally work but will only blow very lightly even with fan setting on full.
Sometimes if it has been working, after I turn the car off and take the keys out air seems to still be blowing out the vents..

Haven’t tried with the heater but the air coming out of the a/c definitely is cold..
Will replacing the HVAC fix this?
EEEK!. that's another strange issue you have possibly stranger than no air on your face when you select it.
You could replace the HVAC Module but I think all these strange issue are coming from deeper in the car like the BCM
The HVAC Module does control the Fan speeds as it has a BIG Heatsink with large fins on the rear that goes into the air duct for cooling.
Now if you buy a Second Hand HVAC try to match all the Specs to be the same as your one. Is you car a single Zone or dual Zone? What VE do you have, Omega SV6, SS or other.
This issue that I have that has No air on the Face vents now and then I found the same issue with a WM 2012 Series 2 caprice and to get around on the Caprice leave the VENTS set at foot before turning the car off, then start the car, turn the air on, then select the face and all is GOOD. It does not care if the Vents are controlled by a Manual selector or a touch button.

Fredwillows

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6
EEEK!. that's another strange issue you have possibly stranger than no air on your face when you select it.
You could replace the HVAC Module but I think all these strange issue are coming from deeper in the car like the BCM
The HVAC Module does control the Fan speeds as it has a BIG Heatsink with large fins on the rear that goes into the air duct for cooling.
Now if you buy a Second Hand HVAC try to match all the Specs to be the same as your one. Is you car a single Zone or dual Zone? What VE do you have, Omega SV6, SS or other.
This issue that I have that has No air on the Face vents now and then I found the same issue with a WM 2012 Series 2 caprice and to get around on the Caprice leave the VENTS set at foot before turning the car off, then start the car, turn the air on, then select the face and all is GOOD. It does not care if the Vents are controlled by a Manual selector or a touch button.
It’s a 2006 sv6

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore with Wrong selection on Vents (Mainly Missing Face Vents.

I will put this here as I think this is VERY Important for VE Owners that has this Issue and dont want to spend $1000 or more change the HVAC+ The Facia + Head Unit, THE BCM and other to fix this FRUSTRATING ISSUE.
Read Below:

Well the VE V6 Anniversary has had 22 Starts in the last week or so and The Vents on the Air Con have preformed without a issue. For the First time I can say It not repaired but we have a way of getting around this issue where when you select the FACE Vents and no air come out 1 in 5 times (sometimes worst) whenever you start the car and when you need cold air on your face NOTHING COMES OUT and this alone is very frustrating.
To Fix this issue I have used a working HVAC Module from another VE that works Perfect on that car, I also have used a Facia from the Working car that works good on the car that is effected with the face vents not working but it still fails So what I did I put the original HVAC and The Radio Facia back on and done this ::::
VE Commodore Series 1 and 2, tested on Single Zone but could work on a Dual Zone
Before you turn the car off you do.
1/ Leave the Vents Selector set to FEET ONLY, Yes Feet Only
2/ Turn the Air Con off either Hot or Cold. My VE its the middle button for series 1 Anniversary or Omega, when you turn the air con off the LED goes out.
3/ Then I turn the Fan off which seems to be the Main switch.

4/ Now the next day or later, the same day you want the use the car and the air con, so what you do when you get into the car you check to see if the vent selector is still in the position of feet only, put the keys in the ignition, start the car, start the fans on any speed you want, turn the Air Con on and finally select/change the vents from the feet to the face and you are away and when you are finished with the car dont forget to put the Vents to FEET ONLY.
Now I have to thank Member mikeryantipp as he was the one to find this combination to get this outcome as I tried at least 10 other combinations and in all case the combination FAILED but this combo leaving the Vents set to FEET ONLY its perfect to get around this issue.
After this I can put My Glove box Back. Yepeeeeee

Also Member mikeryantipp leaves the fan ON and sometime the Airc Con on Too.
The Main thing to do is LEAVE THE SELECTOR FOR THE VENT TO FEET ONLY BEFORE YOU TURN THE ENGINE OFF.
I'll let you all know that its been 4 months when I posted this issue that I have on VE Anniversity and after using the Trick from Member mikeryantipp I have NOT had a issue with the HVAC on the car. Even if you forget to put the selector from Face to floor before you turn the engine off all you have to do is select the foot before you start the car and it HVAC is ok.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
My AC in my 08 SS just **** itself (even the AC light on the dial doesn't come on)

Before I get it looked at, can anyone explain that relearn trick with the demist button please?

PS fan and heating work fine.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I think I found what the tech that the similar logic used within TV tuners to that used on the Holden HVAC was based on?.

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
My AC in my 08 SS just **** itself (even the AC light on the dial doesn't come on)

Before I get it looked at, can anyone explain that relearn trick with the demist button please?

PS fan and heating work fine.
Don`t have the radio on doors shut and windows up.

Relearn Air Actuators

Have Air Con off.

IGN on, push and hold the rear demist button for about 5 seconds, you should hear all the actuators start moving.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Don`t have the radio on doors shut and windows up.

Relearn Air Actuators

Have Air Con off.

IGN on, push and hold the rear demist button for about 5 seconds, you should hear all the actuators start moving.
Thank you kind sir. I'll give it a go.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Have the engine running so that the system has 13-14 volts when a recalibration of the HVAC doors are done. Modules like full system voltage when being relearned or programmed.