Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE pics real thing!!!!!!

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
Okay, where did 87rb30devil say that all VT's were crap? He made the comment that he hated VT's - so what. He's is entitled to his opinion - as are you.

So VL's had a Nissian engine, well woop-de-do. At least it was a Nissian engine into a Holden design car - i mean they could have just taken the easy route and rebaged Skylines. Heck, Holden have done it before with other makes.

Calm down a bit mate, everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if Holden did sell 303895 VT's... by the way - did you actually look that figure up or just pull it out of thin air? Just asking.

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
thats gonna b the new ve commodore? :(
i recon its gonna b pretty ugly.........

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
luvmycommodore said:
Okay, where did 87rb30devil say that all VT's were crap? He made the comment that he hated VT's - so what. He's is entitled to his opinion - as are you.

took the words right out of my mouth.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
VL-187 said:
thats gonna b the new ve commodore? :(
i recon its gonna b pretty ugly.........

Dont worry mate,she'll be OK...Anyway ugliest piece of sh.. on wheels already created by MITSUBISHI.I wouldnt bet on it but got a feelin that the new VE will look like a HONDA Accord Euro.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Thats definatly NOT the VE. They have test mules running around Holdens now, and from what i've been told, its almost identical to the torana.

blocka said:
well the black and white one is most likely the new VE if anyone has seen the new holden ad on tv then you will see that car in the same colour scheme in the Add
The 2nd car in that Add is a monaro, the main car being a VZ SS.

wazza2

Reaction score
vx ss

its still going to take a bloody good car to get me out of my vx ss.49000 klms.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Just to pick on the earlier sore topic... I too hated the VT when it first appeared on the roads in 1997. But as time has gone on, I have got used to it and even come to like it. So I bought a VX. Dunno why I hated the design to start with now.

Basically it goes like this... until you see it for yourself in person... don't pass full judgement on the VE. I'm sure Holden have invested millions of $$$ in this car and wouldn't put it into production if they thought it would be a quick flop on the market.

Looks like an Astra or something european doesnt

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
just cos one model commodore sells more than one 20 years ago doesn't necessarily mean its better. it just means more people were buying cars in that period. more AU falcons were bought then XA coupes but doesn't mean they were better. the AU is ****. I know numerous people who agree with 87rb30devil. including rally and drag racers who actually know cars inside out. I deal with holden workers daily as i deliver cars intrastate and plenty of them think the vl stands apart as one of the best commodores ever. i own a vl and my father inlaw owns a vt and his has far more problems then mine. i don't agree nissan made the vl but it was there powerplant engine (for its time) that helped holden create a new platform commodore away from those shitty 202s where the only COOL thing you could do was swap the head for a 179 hi compression one, WOW. The RB30 was a building block that holden couldn't have done without at the time. Holden still can't build a six worth ****. And they were stupid enough to stop making 308s for a crappy gen motor. The only reason they were smart enough to even adapt to a more true cross flow head setup was cos ford started kicking there arse in the supercars. I remember when everyone said the vt looked like magnas when they first came out. the only reason they sold so many and still sell so many new commodores is due to great advertising for a shitty product. With all the resources they have at hand holden really could do better. hopefully the VE will showcase this. There hasn't been a lot of change in the last 10 years. They need something that the vl did for them 20 years ago.

A

Atreyucore

Love it. Love how earlier this VE forum turned into a mockeration of VL's. It's funny seeing VL owners defend the VL.......they are so passionate......buy why???

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz cv8z monaro fusion 6spdm
ok i do apolpogise to 87rb30devil but not for everything i said when i wrote this post i was half drunk although i still beleive i made some good points

to luvmycommodore Quote:Calm down a bit mate, everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if Holden did sell 303895 VT's... by the way - did you actually look that figure up or just pull it out of thin air? Just asking. :Unquote yes it is a genuine figure (my dad works at holden in the engineering department) Quote: Calm down a bit mate, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :Unquote
yes i agree everyone is entitled to there own opinion and thats all i had so why am i any different
to Bangers Quote:just cos one model commodore sells more than one 20 years ago doesn't necessarily mean its better. it just means more people were buying cars in that period. more AU falcons were bought then XA coupes but doesn't mean they were better. the AU is ****. I know numerous people who agree with 87rb30devil. including rally and drag racers who actually know cars inside out. I deal with holden workers daily as i deliver cars intrastate and plenty of them think the vl stands apart as one of the best commodores ever. i own a vl and my father inlaw owns a vt and his has far more problems then mine. i don't agree nissan made the vl but it was there powerplant engine (for its time) that helped holden create a new platform commodore away from those shitty 202s where the only COOL thing you could do was swap the head for a 179 hi compression one, WOW. The RB30 was a building block that holden couldn't have done without at the time. Holden still can't build a six worth ****. And they were stupid enough to stop making 308s for a crappy gen motor. The only reason they were smart enough to even adapt to a more true cross flow head setup was cos ford started kicking there arse in the supercars. I remember when everyone said the vt looked like magnas when they first came out. the only reason they sold so many and still sell so many new commodores is due to great advertising for a shitty product. With all the resources they have at hand holden really could do better. hopefully the VE will showcase this. There hasn't been a lot of change in the last 10 years. They need something that the vl did for them 20 years ago.:Unquote
when did i ever say i hated vl's, i beleive the car was designed greatly but i hate the fact they rust in the rear windows years before other car's the same age had even thought about rust. as i said a vl walkinshaw is my dream car, the only other thing i said about vl's was there crappy six engine, which was really a step in the right direction for holden but the motor was poorly developed and hence they had reliability issues with the electronics. although i partly and only partly agree with you saying about XA's and AU's
however to 87rb30devil i do apologize and i also apologize to any one else i may have upset anyhow seya all