Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve poor quality

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
there will always be problems with a new car like the VE if you dont want problems go and get you self a $100,000 bmw or something like that
And as for the clock spring well just about all dealers are useless (my friend has had his car back at ford more that 6 times to fix the same problem so i would say your lucky with 4 and his is still not fixed)

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
All manufacturers have problems - even BMW's and Mercedes.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol, i drove my Uncles SV6 today to see if what he was bitching about was accurate.

If you drove this car you would seriously never buy a holden again. He has done 2400 km's and it sounds like a VN V6 inside lol. It clunks rattles and bangs dealers wont do a thing to fix any of the issues. It's sad when you fork out your hard earned $$ only to be spat in the face when it comes time to repair. Sure it is only some cars and some dealers, but its not the point, if you are paying 36k for something you should expect better build quality than what some people are getting.

Anyway, looking forward to taking the FG XR8 he is trading it on for a test drive especially seeing as I am far too big for an Evo(most uncomfortable 20 minute drive in my life:p).

BLU_FZ1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 SVZ Ute/A5 & 06 XR6T A6
These are some of the reasons i know longer own a VE. I replaced it with a BF XRT. Far better car with more potential. $1500 will see 280-300 rwkw VE=POS,HSV more expensive POS.

You know your driving a tuff car when 307 R8`s dont want to play

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
These are some of the reasons i know longer own a VE. I replaced it with a BF XRT. Far better car with more potential. $1500 will see 280-300 rwkw VE=POS,HSV more expensive POS.

280-300rwkw is about equivalent to 250rwkw NA LS1(which will be achieved unopened). Whats the big deal?

XR6T drivers all seem to have the same stupid arrogant attitude. You are running some 6.7 litres odd of displacement unmodded, you should expect there would be a little bit of pace.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Did you road test a VE before you went out and bought one? Road noise is road noise, and interior build material is going to be the same in nearly every VE. Maybe a little research into your purchase next time.

And the dealer only offering you $27k for it, what did you want? What you payed for it back? Its called depreciation, if you've been buying cars for aslong as you say you have, i would have thought you'd know all about that by now.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Brother in-laws uncle has a SV6 auto, He lives in SA, He is up and down all the time in that car, And he doesn't complain about a thing, He done up a old torana from nothing to mint, And sold that, And then bought the SV6..
Some have issues, And some are perfect.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Say you don't like the car, bitch about the plastics or complain about the visiblity bu ffs don't come out with that sort of ****. You just make yourself look foolish.

To the OP.... I'd imagine the spring, washer bottle and bits falling off would be replaced no questions asked under warranty. As for the road noise and build quality, did you even bother to look at them before you bought it? Or are you just on here to have a troll???

Reaper

Reaction score
guy at work bought a brand new VE.

he barely ever drives it now, and says it feels like he bought it at k-mart.

there was a mismatched coloured panel from brand new, the sunroof leaked from brand new, and of course, none of the interior trim lines up properly.

awesome cars. haha

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
For me quality and door locks and hinges go hand in hand. And the last Holden to have good hinges and locks was the HG (HQ-Z came close). After that budget ruled over design. They are still good cars sure but definatly built to a low price. Come back and talk about the BA-F in ten years once they have a few holes rusted out of them :) many are allready getting started