Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve poor quality

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
I had the clicking in the steering. My dealer could never work out what it was so they replaced the WHOLE steering column. Suffice to say it's now fixed.

Washer bottle issue'is very common and a 15 min fix at the most.

If the road noise is deafening then I think you must have dog like hearing!!! My exhaust would deafen me a LONG time before the road noise. Not that it's loud or droney. Never noticed road noise. That said, you have a model that has no sound deadening so it's not overly surprising.

As for build quality, I guess youve never been in any Commodore built BEFORE the VE (VZ glove box as just one of many thousands of examples)? Chances are a lot of the parts probably do come from Korea but the build quality is largely agreed to be the best Holden have ever done.

Just out of curiosity are you talking about how they randomly drop open and how the light shines through the opening at night time, because that has happened in ever single VT-VZ i have ever been until mine, touch wood but its still going strong and its 2 years old hahaha

You watch me go out after to drive home and it happen.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Of course they are the same, a 100k euro car sells for the equivalent of a 24k car over here.

An M3 is the same price in real dollars as an SS. It is just our government whacks massive amounts of taxes on them. AN M5 is the same real price as a GTS. Evo X same price as an SV6...

Just because a car costs 100k in Australia does not make it truly more expensive than some other cars. People think that because BMW, Mercedes etc cost more here that they are real fancy cars, it simply is not the truth, it just the government make so much money out of import taxes, LCT and various other ones that the prices jack up.
And check out the prices of the G8 in the states vs the M3 M5.

2 cars sold in the same country don't come close in price in the U.S.
Change them back to AUD and you still have a + omega GTS price gap.
Which ever way you look at it, They are way more expensive in all country's a Commodore is.

ve ss man

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
i have a ve ss and got it in january. my car has been great since i bought it. lots of these problems u say about ur sv6 are really hard to believe ,sounds like u treat it badly for all this to happen. u can go and drive a ford sounds like ur more suited to them only wankers drive them

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
The only problem I have found with my Calais is the fog lights.

Has anyone ever encountered a situation where the fog lights will not operate at all? Even if the dash light illuminates to indicate they are on?

I have told them that I think the problem is computer related. My reasons being that pulling up at servo the foggies are on (yes I visually checked) and then filled her up and turned the key... they were gone again.

I should also point out to those who don't know but the VE fog lights switch off when the engine is not running. Using accerories or manually turning the lights off and back on again will not make them work.

Took the car back to Holden to discuss fixing it but after 7 days of no fog lights you can guess which day they decided to start working again!!!

If anyone knows of similar situations I would love to hear from them.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
iv had my sv6 a week now. issues are as follows

- dash lights dim at random and stay dull till i turn the lights off then back on
- radio and dash lights stayed on for about 30min after i turned off the car (only happened once)
- front dash speaker rattles and is distorted

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I removed my dash mounted speaker.

Stereo sounds better!

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
i drove a sv6 before i bought my monaro, and it seemed pretty decent......... i guess you have to be in it longer then 5 mins to notice stuff like that.
johnny

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
really? do you need to take the entire dash out? or can u pop the grill and get it back in?

also in what way does it sound better? louder? more balanced?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Got this from another forum, but it's EXACTLY what you want...

VE Centre Speaker Removal <--- Link to original post...

OK after running around trying to sus out a way to upgrade the speakers in the VE SS, I though that I would take everyone's advice and try removing the centre speaker first. I was quite shocked to see how small it was.

I thought that I might as well photograph it along the way, so here they are.

1. Starting from the windscreen edge, ease up the edge of the speaker grill (I just used my fingers and worked it up). There are 5 clips (white in colour) holding it in, as well as 2 locator lugs on the back side as can be seen here:
VE%20Centre%20Dash%20Cover.jpg

2. Remove 2 screws holding the speaker in, lift it out and disconnect it. Note that there a 2 plugs on the speaker - disconnect both and tape them up so they don't rattle (I wrapped mine in foam to be sure).

VE%20Centre%20Dash1.jpg

VE%20Centre%20Dash2.jpg

VE%20Centre%20Dash3.jpg

Some more shots:
VE%20Cente%20Speaker.jpg

VE%20Centre%20Speaker%20Front.jpg

VE%20Centre%20Speaker%20Rear.jpg

The speaker was a 20W at 4Ohm. I didn't measure the diameter as I didn't have a ruler handy, but I would guess it was around the 3 inch mark.

End result: Sounds a lot better and much happier with the sound. Speaker upgrade will have to wait a bit.

Hope this helps...

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
thanks mate, i just registered on there so ill have to wait till im approved etc to view it

1000 posts!