Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve poor quality

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Your right, Pull hard and you can pull a door trim right off a VP:eek:.

Not only are the door trims better in the VT 2 VZ, They are much better to remove and re-fit, Sick of the VP's silly little blue pins or what ever they were?, They just didn't go well once pulled out and half would snap off or fall out.

Our old VB had a large split down the middle on top of the dash. faded to light blue it was dark once, But Funniest thing was it never rattled 26 years old:p.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
That is what i meant in a roundabout way:D..
Top of line cars sell for 100k plus, And have issues like any other car, When you buy a Falcon or Commodore your getting alot for cheap. But something will give to bring it to us that cheap.
In the end, No one does it better for what they offer $ for $ in the world.

Of course they are the same, a 100k euro car sells for the equivalent of a 24k car over here.

An M3 is the same price in real dollars as an SS. It is just our government whacks massive amounts of taxes on them. AN M5 is the same real price as a GTS. Evo X same price as an SV6...

Just because a car costs 100k in Australia does not make it truly more expensive than some other cars. People think that because BMW, Mercedes etc cost more here that they are real fancy cars, it simply is not the truth, it just the government make so much money out of import taxes, LCT and various other ones that the prices jack up.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Of course they are the same, a 100k euro car sells for the equivalent of a 24k car over here.

An M3 is the same price in real dollars as an SS. It is just our government whacks massive amounts of taxes on them. AN M5 is the same real price as a GTS. Evo X same price as an SV6...

Just because a car costs 100k in Australia does not make it truly more expensive than some other cars. People think that because BMW, Mercedes etc cost more here that they are real fancy cars, it simply is not the truth, it just the government make so much money out of import taxes, LCT and various other ones that the prices jack up.

Umm... not quite. A BMW M3 retails for £49,978 in the UK. That's about $124,000 AUD. The M5 would be more so hardly GTS or even SS money.

A Mitsubishi Evolution X retails for £38,454 which is $80,766 AUD.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Look at the retail price of the car in the country of MANUFACTURE. The UK taxes cars extremely heavily too you know.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
Look at the retail price of the car in the country of MANUFACTURE. The UK taxes cars extremely heavily too you know.

I don't know German or Japanese. Do you?
If you have evidence of this then prove it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Umm... not quite. A BMW M3 retails for £49,978 in the UK. That's about $124,000 AUD. The M5 would be more so hardly GTS or even SS money.

A Mitsubishi Evolution X retails for £38,454 which is $80,766 AUD.

I am working on USD to AU conversion factors. Uk has import taxes also whereas the US are deregulated. So it gives the TRUE price.

Currently with the dollar in the **** an M5 can be bought new for 115k AUD(or with a strong dollar around 90 for as little as 75k). An M3 for 98k AUD.( Under a strong AUD as little as 55k.)

Regardless even the dollar as ****weak these are top of the line BMW's, here they sell m5's for 240k and M3's for 192k. So under a top dollar yes they are quite comparable.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW M5 in the U.S retails for $83,900 ($125,466 AUD at current exchange)
BMW M3 in the U.S retails for $56,500 (84,850 AUD at current exchange)

I'd like to compare the prices with those of Germany but can't find anything not in German!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
BMW M5 in the U.S retails for $83,900 ($125,466 AUD at current exchange)
BMW M3 in the U.S retails for $56,500 (84,850 AUD at current exchange)

I'd like to compare the prices with those of Germany but can't find anything not in German!
Now do the exchange at 88 cents, it makes a whopping difference to prices and quickly makes competing with Aussie cars very viable. This is why Australia whacks on big taxes on imports, to allow Aussie car markets a free trade basically.

A base model 3 series BMW should cost you less than a VE Omega...imagine how many people wouldn't buy Holdens or Ford if they were sold for the true price? :)

You wont really find true prices for germany, because you can get different prices for cars depending on your profession :)

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
How can you compare a 3 series to Commodore? A 5 series maybe, but not a 3.

But you're right, the yanks get them cheap. If they didn't they'd invade other countries until they did get them cheap.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
How can you compare a 3 series to Commodore? A 5 series maybe, but not a 3.

But you're right, the yanks get them cheap. If they didn't they'd invade other countries until they did get them cheap.

Even a base model 5 series is comparable. The new 3 series aren't exactly small cars and sit 4 adults quite comfortably.

Will just add, anyone that even attempts to compare a BMW with a Holden or Ford is delusional and have clearly never driven a newer Bmw, sure they have some minor issues, fact is though they are much better cars to drive across the board.

Last edited: