Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve series 2 ute leaking water

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
it appears i am not the only one here..
i too have just dropped my new ssv ute off at the dealer, i had it leaking on passenger side behind seat, appeared to be coming in from around the rear window or seals, i was kinda lucky i noticed it very early, and was able to pull the rubber grommet out that the battery has near it for its overflow to drain all the water, i am not expecting this vehicle back for at least a week, as i have told them not only do i expect it repaired but they will be replacing the carpet and underlay. if you are not happy with the service they give you take it up with the accc, the good news is if anyone buys anything from now on, theyhave changed to rules and you can actually ask for a replacement or complete refund. unfortunately i got mine 1 week before chrismas so i just have to go through the motions, until they do not deliver satisfaction only then can i act.

I had a ute with this issue, came from another state where the dealer failed to fix it. I had it all apart, all rear interior trims out and all the trayline out etc. Found it was leaking between the seam that runs along the back of the cab. Sealed that seam and it was all fixed.

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
I had a ute with this issue, came from another state where the dealer failed to fix it. I had it all apart, all rear interior trims out and all the trayline out etc. Found it was leaking between the seam that runs along the back of the cab. Sealed that seam and it was all fixed.
thats what ya get with only half a car!

jaz_777

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 voodoo thunder ss
Hey mate. I have the exact same issue. 2011 ve ss ute. Noticed after heavy rain that the passenger side was soaked. Battery was laying in water and everything. Got it fixed yesterday. Apparently was 3 holes in the sealer where the back windscreen is put in. For a brand new car I wasn't very happy at all. Even more to te ppoint I thought Holden water test every new car at the factory!!