Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ssv ute running rough, misfire flat spots

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
Aftermarket leads are the way to go, $150ish should get a set in a good brand. Top gun or similar. So did the idle improve with the new plugs at all?

SSVREDLINEUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SSV Redline ute 6.0 M6
Aftermarket leads are the way to go, $150ish should get a set in a good brand. Top gun or similar. So did the idle improve with the new plugs at all?

I've tried most of the aftermarket brand leads, top gun, msd ect and I've lost power. Neither fixed my idle issue. The best are the geniune acdelco. I'm after a new genuine set. At a USA price ha ha.

I wasn't convinced that the plugs would do that much but this is what I've found.
1. Much more performance, revs hard up to 7,500
2. The engine is quieter probably coz it idles lower.
3. The exhaust note is deeper and I've had lots of comments on it today driving.

I would honestly have to say they are a good thing. And at $4.50 a plug compared to 17.00 a plug.. I know what I'll be using next! Good advice I was given.. I still have to post my dyno graphs when I get on a desktop unless you can do it from an iphone??

SSVREDLINEUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Been running premium 98 for three tanks now, and today it's started to miss again at idle. Power, and drive ability is fine. It just misses at idle, the gear stick shakes.. Argh. I should have the coils here this week so fingers crossed

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Do you have an iphone?
If so then go to Target and grab a Go-Point BT-1 bluetooth OBD for $100. That way you can pinpoint whether it is ignition, fuel, air, or other issue.
Heaps of other tricks through DashCommand as well.

SSVREDLINEUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm very interested, yes I do have an iphone.. I'm looking into what you advised as we speak..

SSVREDLINEUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you have an iphone?
If so then go to Target and grab a Go-Point BT-1 bluetooth OBD for $100. That way you can pinpoint whether it is ignition, fuel, air, or other issue.
Heaps of other tricks through DashCommand as well.

Does it come with the correct adapter for my vehicle and are all the monitors within the app compatible? For eg oxy sensor voltage monitor

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Is it missing or engine just shaking???

Our 09 SS shakes a bit at idle(put new plugs in premiuim etc) and better but still a shake. I'm thinking the afm engine mounts are a bitt softer for V4 running?? Never noyticed the shake in our 2 VE V8 manuals 06/08 models

SSVREDLINEUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok put e85 from united today! So far so good! Just waiting for the 45 degree heat to drop then I'll post. The heat really robs these motors of power..