Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF 2015 Calis Compatability with Commodore 2013 Radio with Sat Nav

Ash_Smash

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Can a radio with Sat Nav from 2013 commodore can be fitted to 2015 calais wthout sat nav.

Thought I would ask here first before I go ahead.

I would have it done at Holden if it can be done.

thanks
Ashley

Ash_Smash

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
yes you can use a 13 mylink in a 15.

you will need to buy a gps ant with a fakra plug if you don't get the factory one with the mylink
you will also need to program the eeprom in the mylink with the vin from your vehicle.

if you can make sure you get the screen, the main unit for the mylink and the buttons.
the screen has the programming for the buttons so if you don't get the screen but get the buttons the dest and nav buttons will be fav and play/pause

everything else is just plug and play.

I should point out if you do get an aftermarket gps ant don't put it near the mylink put it in the roof near the sunglasses holder or something.
the mylink seems to have a dead spot(emf) around it and the ant does not work properly next to it.
I notice my mobile drops out when I put it infront of the screen for a while.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I am willing to pay for the map updates.
Minor point; but it’s not the cost that bothers me with the MyLink/SatNav maps, it’s the fact they’re 2+ years old upon release & they’re not released all that often & there’s no guarantee they’ll continue to be released since they’re not compatible with any new car sold here since the end of last year. I don’t believe there will be more than one or two map updates for the VF/VF2 SatNav.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I updated mine a couple of months ago for $130 with a service , $180 otherwise , and didn't even have 1 year old streets . With working in construction all the roads I need to know are all new and only waze comes close .waze is updated constantly by the waze community , I actually updated some roads in my complex last week and was live the next day

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Minor point; but it’s not the cost that bothers me with the MyLink/SatNav maps, it’s the fact they’re 2+ years old upon release & they’re not released all that often & there’s no guarantee they’ll continue to be released since they’re not compatible with any new car sold here since the end of last year. I don’t believe there will be more than one or two map updates for the VF/VF2 SatNav.
If Holden dump their support of VF w.r.t. map updates, I hope people take a dim view of it as I believe legislation requires service and parts availability for some fixed duration (10 years?). If that is indeed the case, then Holden should support MyLink with map updates for considerable period to come. If they don’t then open up MyLink so we can install our own apps on the device and we can be done with their outdated map data. Sadly I doubt any concessions would be made by Holden and we’d be left out in the cold...

In the states such lack of support would result in a class action being instigated....

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If Holden dump their support of VF w.r.t. map updates, I hope people take a dim view of it as I believe legislation requires service and parts availability for some fixed duration (10 years?).
This isn’t parts, it’s a software upgrade. There’s no need for a software upgrade under that legislation.
Support is about keeping it going in the state it’s in, ie. with the esisting maps.

I don’t think they care if buyers take a dim view. They save money on not providing the upgrades, and they switch to Chevrolet if they continue going backwards in the way they’ve been going; because Chevrolet isn’t Holden how could anyone think such a thing?!

In the states such lack of support would result in a class action being instigated....
Probably; but in the States if someone stubs their toe due to having just consumed a bottle of vodka, they instigate a class-action against the sock manufacturer, shoe manufacturer, local council and the manufacturer of the concrete that went into the slab they stubbed their toe on.

Ash_Smash

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Thanks so far for everyones comments and input.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
This isn’t parts, it’s a software upgrade. There’s no need for a software upgrade under that legislation. Support is about keeping it going in the state it’s in, ie. with the esisting maps.
Yeah, can't say i'm overly familiar with the legislation so software updates may be something that isn't considered.
I don’t think they care if buyers take a dim view. They save money on not providing the upgrades, and they switch to Chevrolet if they continue going backwards in the way they’ve been going; because Chevrolet isn’t Holden how could anyone think such a thing?!
Yes, i agree. In particular, your text above which i have highlighted, is the reason Holden finds itself in a sales slump. Holden seems to not care about it's customers and doesn't provide what they want, be it products or support, while being a very slow reacting automotive company doesn't help them. Which ever way you look at it, Holdens attitude is confused and at times piss poor towards it's customer base and sadly why it likely wont survive.
Probably; but in the States if someone stubs their toe due to having just consumed a bottle of vodka, they instigate a class-action against the sock manufacturer, shoe manufacturer, local council and the manufacturer of the concrete that went into the slab they stubbed their toe on.
Well, yeah but i wasn't meaning it in that absurd way that sadly seems to occur as USA lawyers try and cover all their bases in the hope of hitting pay dirt (plaintiffs be buggered)... :oops:

I was meaning that most have an expectation that the product they buy will be supported and if not, or their expectations are materially changed by the sellers, a class action can in theory resolve the situation. Sometimes it works for the plaintiffs, mostly it works well for the legal firms o_O

Me, like most on these forums, i just want accurate maps with timely updates :) If that requires courts to be involved to force Holden to pull it's finger out from where they have chosen to put it, i wont object ;)