Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Calais V series 2 2016

humer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais series 2
In the last 12 months the MyLink system continually crashes and intermittently resets. I've been to Holden, had the screen replaced twice and the issue is still persisting. Is this a common issue?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
This may sound odd and you probably have tried it, but have you done factory reset? It fixed mine as it was rebooting a bit. It also fixed my series one Calais V when I had issues with it.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
shouldnt need the screen replaced, you either get it reflashed with latest software or do a force reset as Anthony mentioned above.

Silly question but is your battery, ok? this has caused issues in the past when batteries start to die and on their way out. You be surprised how much tech there is onboard that relies on the battery to be at it optimum

humer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais series 2
This may sound odd and you probably have tried it, but have you done factory reset? It fixed mine as it was rebooting a bit. It also fixed my series one Calais V when I had issues with it.
Hello, thank you for responding. Personally, myself I have not done a factory reset...I have had in the last month had the screen replaced (under warranty, which was a replacement screen anyway (which I had paid for) they said the replacement screen was faulty. So, so far I have had 3 different screens in the car. When they replaced the screen they said an error message appeared so they replaced another part within the MyLink system...they had the car around 10 days waiting on parts to arrive and testing the new unit... to which I was told all appears fixed. I had the car back for 3 days and the first decent drive I took it on it crashed twice. The car is back at my local once upon a time Holden dealer for them to see if a new error message has been created. As soon as I get it back i will do a factory reset as suggest. Again thank you for your message. Cheers

humer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais series 2
shouldnt need the screen replaced, you either get it reflashed with latest software or do a force reset as Anthony mentioned above.

Silly question but is your battery, ok? this has caused issues in the past when batteries start to die and on their way out. You be surprised how much tech there is onboard that relies on the battery to be at it optimum
Hello, thank you for responding. Interesting you mention the battery.....I have in the last month had the battery replaced but sadly it didn't change anything. I have also had in the last month had the screen replaced (under warranty, which was a replacement screen anyway (which I had paid for) they said the replacement screen was faulty. So, so far I have had 3 different screens in the car....i thought the screen was a visual thing only. When they replaced the screen they said an error message appeared so they replaced another part within the MyLink system...they had the car around 10 days waiting on parts to arrive and testing the new unit...to which I was told all appears fixed. I had the car back for 3 days and the first decent drive I took it on it crashed twice. The car is back at my local once upon a time Holden dealer for them to see if a new error message has been created. I'm struggling to understand why it's such a difficult thing to fix. They have previously said they have reflashed it but....how do you actually know if that's happened...is there anything i check to confirm that's happened? I'll try the forced reset when I get it back. I appreciate your feedback. Cheers

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
They have previously said they have reflashed it but....how do you actually know if that's happened...is there anything i check to confirm that's happened?
Unless you made note of what was previously loaded on Mylink and compared to what’s loaded now, knowing is difficult. You could look up Tis2Web Opel and by using your VIN you can check what software is available to load. Unfortunately I can’t remember the current working hyperlink location and a quick google failed to find it.

To obtain the Mylink software version numbers for your current maps and configuration, from within your vehicle itself, do the following:

- In Mylink, go to and click on config
- Radio settings
- Software versions menu
- Software version information

The map "version" is listed third from the bottom of the software list.

I believe the latest maps data shown within MyLink itself is “84160883 Version 30.12.10.11“.
This map data is a Holden 2018 release which in real terms means the map data is probably circa 2016 or 2017 :rolleyes: Sadly no new map data have been realeased and GM doesn’t give a shite :mad:

The other software numbers all have meaning and can be different between different vehicle variants (Evoke, sv6, sss, redline, Calais…)

Just note that the numbers listed are GM internal abstracted part numbers so they don‘t make much sense.

There are many threads that discuss Mylink software and versions you could find via using the following google search
Code:
site: forums.justcommodores.com.au mylink software version

There first few I get are

and one long thread

Happy reading :p

PS: the working Tis2web link is via Opel and I’ve linked it above…

PPS: being that the Calais series 2 was first released September 2015, to have a Mylink screen failure in 2023, some 8 years after the initial release would in my view mean the device doesn’t meet Australian Consumer Law statutory warranty requirements that it be “durable”. As such i‘d have insisted that the selling dealer (if you bought the car from a dealer) replace the faulty device under ACL statutory warranty (rather than me having to pay for the replacement).

This is even more so if your Calais wasn’t the first cab off the rank and you bought it some time later (=even newer car)…

(Thats assuming my understanding is correct in that you paid for the initial screen repair which failed and that the dealer replaced the replacement under warranty.)

My point is that the initial replacement should have been done under ACL stat warranty and shouldn’t have cost you anything. I’d bring this up with the dealer when you next discuss why you paid money when the issue still remains since nothing has been solved :mad:

Last edited:

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
this all sounds very bizzare and strange, I hate to say it but I think your dealer has no clue. In th emylink you can go to softwar eversion son the screen and see which one you have loaded. there is a thread about updating mylink software and that will list the latest version you should have.

Oh and also, i think maybe its time to find another dealer who know what they are doing.

humer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais series 2
this all sounds very bizzare and strange, I hate to say it but I think your dealer has no clue. In th emylink you can go to softwar eversion son the screen and see which one you have loaded. there is a thread about updating mylink software and that will list the latest version you should have. Oh and also, i think maybe its time to find another dealer who know what they are doing.
Unless you made note of what was previously loaded on Mylink and compared to what’s loaded now, knowing is difficult. You could look up Tis2Web Opel and by using your VIN you can check what software is available to load. Unfortunately I can’t remember the current working hyperlink location and a quick google failed to find it. To obtain the Mylink software version numbers for your current maps and configuration, from within your vehicle itself, do the following: - In Mylink, go to and click on config - Radio settings - Software versions menu - Software version information The map "version" is listed third from the bottom of the software list. I believe the latest maps data shown within MyLink itself is “84160883 Version 30.12.10.11“. This map data is a Holden 2018 release which in real terms means the map data is probably circa 2016 or 2017 :rolleyes: Sadly no new map data have been realeased and GM doesn’t give a shite :mad: The other software numbers all have meaning and can be different between different vehicle variants (Evoke, sv6, sss, redline, Calais…) Just note that the numbers listed are GM internal abstracted part numbers so they don‘t make much sense. There are many threads that discuss Mylink software and versions you could find via using the following google search
Code:
There first few I get are [/URL] [/URL] [/URL] and one long thread [/URL] Happy reading :p PS: the working Tis2web link is via Opel and I’ve linked it above… PPS: being that the Calais series 2 was first released September 2015, to have a Mylink screen failure in 2023, some 8 years after the initial release would in my view mean the device doesn’t meet Australian Consumer Law statutory warranty requirements that it be “durable”. As such i‘d have insisted that the selling dealer (if you bought the car from a dealer) replace the faulty device under ACL statutory warranty (rather than me having to pay for the replacement). This is even more so if your Calais wasn’t the first cab off the rank and you bought it some time later (=even newer car)… (Thats assuming my understanding is correct in that you paid for the initial screen repair which failed and that the dealer replaced the replacement under warranty.) My point is that the initial replacement should have been done under ACL stat warranty and shouldn’t have cost you anything. I’d bring this up with the dealer when you next discuss why you paid money when the issue still remains since nothing has been solved :mad:

Unless you made note of what was previously loaded on Mylink and compared to what’s loaded now, knowing is difficult. You could look up Tis2Web Opel and by using your VIN you can check what software is available to load. Unfortunately I can’t remember the current working hyperlink location and a quick google failed to find it.

To obtain the Mylink software version numbers for your current maps and configuration, from within your vehicle itself, do the following:

- In Mylink, go to and click on config
- Radio settings
- Software versions menu
- Software version information

The map "version" is listed third from the bottom of the software list.

I believe the latest maps data shown within MyLink itself is “84160883 Version 30.12.10.11“.
This map data is a Holden 2018 release which in real terms means the map data is probably circa 2016 or 2017 :rolleyes: Sadly no new map data have been realeased and GM doesn’t give a shite :mad:

The other software numbers all have meaning and can be different between different vehicle variants (Evoke, sv6, sss, redline, Calais…)

Just note that the numbers listed are GM internal abstracted part numbers so they don‘t make much sense.

There are many threads that discuss Mylink software and versions you could find via using the following google search
Code:

There first few I get are

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

and one long thread

[/URL]

Happy reading :p

PS: the working Tis2web link is via Opel and I’ve linked it above…

PPS: being that the Calais series 2 was first released September 2015, to have a Mylink screen failure in 2023, some 8 years after the initial release would in my view mean the device doesn’t meet Australian Consumer Law statutory warranty requirements that it be “durable”. As such i‘d have insisted that the selling dealer (if you bought the car from a dealer) replace the faulty device under ACL statutory warranty (rather than me having to pay for the replacement).

This is even more so if your Calais wasn’t the first cab off the rank and you bought it some time later (=even newer car)…

(Thats assuming my understanding is correct in that you paid for the initial screen repair which failed and that the dealer replaced the replacement under warranty.)

My point is that the initial replacement should have been done under ACL stat warranty and shouldn’t have cost you anything. I’d bring this up with the dealer when you next discuss why you paid money when the issue still remains since nothing has been solved :mad:
Hi thanks for your reply, yes I did pay for the first screen to be replaced thinking that the car/screen were out of warranty. Yes I brought it from a dealer. Unfortunately the dealer is about an hours drive from where I currently live. It's been headache since then...back and forth to my local dealer each time the issue occurs. Whilst they have been good about the process, it's been a nightmare trying to get to the bottom of this and the source of the problem. We still don't have clarity and now the car is back at the dealer. I would've expected the diagnostic assessment would show an error of some sort. Wait an see I guess....I would've expected this is not the only car this issue is occurring to and they would have database of common issue and solutions for reference. Once I have an outcome and have the problem fixed I will post a solution. Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:

humer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais series 2
this all sounds very bizzare and strange, I hate to say it but I think your dealer has no clue. In th emylink you can go to softwar eversion son the screen and see which one you have loaded. there is a thread about updating mylink software and that will list the latest version you should have.

Oh and also, i think maybe its time to find another dealer who know what they are doing.
Hi, thank you for you reply...the is currently back at the dealership....I tend to agree with you that they have no idea how to fix it...would be nice of them to just come out and say that though...lol. Once I get the car back I will be checking the software version within the MyLink system. Cheers for the info

Ashgroover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais sprts wagon
I'll admit I haven't read the whole thread because I'm trying to research something and keep getting side tracked by things like this BUT, and this is bazaar, my mylink kept resetting randomly and I eventually solved it (6mths and counting) by 1) battery terminal seemed a bit loose so tightened it and 2) removed what was probably a dodgy USB stick with mp3s on it.

I think the USB stick became corrupt over a couple of years so the issue seemed to get worse over time culminating is sometimes up to 3 resets in an hour.

This also may be related. I used to get "Service Theft Deterrent System" every month or so as well and that seems to have gone away with the above.

Hope this helps