Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore exhaust

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
If anything the different power would come from the different valley plate and lifters. But youll find most of it is in the tune as a way to still entice people to the manuals which are seen as the more sporty version.

The valley plate and lifters don't vary between manuals and autos now - they're both the same L77 (saves dramas with keeping multiple engines in stock at Holden, now it's just one engine to R/R). It's in the tune and exhaust - the auto exhaust is very restrictive because people complain about "boom" when AFM is activated (they still do even with the stock exhaust).

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Any suggestions on a good set of drone free axle backs in polished stainless steel?

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Yes. Not to difficult for the tuner to turn it off though.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Not using the AFM will make more options for rear mufflers. It makes a flat drone noise when it changes to 4cyl. I wanted to have a nice medium loud note so had the AFM turned off.

If you buy rear mufflers that are part of a complete system, if you change your mind and add the centre section and even headers, it will all bolt up.

I just went 2.5 cat back Xforce with hotdogs and adjustable tips. Nice note and NO drone.

Maybe just get a couple of these mufflers in stainless. This is what I have. They are straight through.They have adjustable hanger ( up and down , left and right) and the tips can be adjusted in and out and 360 degrees. Not may do this and it enables PERFECT bumper alignment.

There are many options available and this is just my opinion.

I have the system pictured below but in stainless. $1400 and I fitted it myself.

$_57.JPG

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Nice tips! Although I have never been a fan of X Force it would be nice to hear a clip of these in action!

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Basically most exhausts for the VE VF are similar. The quality of the material, welds and bends may differ. The note maybe changed by the number of chambers in the muffler/ perforations in the tube and the muffler packing material. To me the Xforce exhaust appears to have quality welds in the areas that are visible and the flanged regions are ground well and fit well. The bends are nice and not crimped. The mufflers are straight through. SO you would expect similar exhausts of the same size and basic design to flow similar horsepower. The only thing that maybe different is the frequency of the exhaust note.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
I'm really happy with my HiTech cat back. It sounds awesome.

easyrider475

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute & VF SSV ute
Had a 2.5 inch Difillipo catback installed today on my ute and Im really happy with it, sounds awesome.
I wasn't after any extra KW's just a nice deep rumble that actually sounds like an 8 should.
I wish I did it months ago!