Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Exhaust Sound

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
I just re read your op, i miss read what you said, if you do have just the catback youll have the extra section like below
20170105_110337.jpg

Where the headers and cat version, does away with thoses pipes and the cats and the long tube headers take up that space, if you dont want to do away with those you could get some shorter 4 into 1s like i do and join them to those pipes

Resized_20170121_123721.jpeg

But that means getting a exhuast shop to modify the flanges,
Id suggest the dpe headers and cats fitted at a performance shop where it gets the tune and otr

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Those pipes have been modified too.

you may be cheaper but with you he will miss out on a rear decklid badging, engine bay identification:rolleyes: there's 100 kw's gone right there

Bugger....I might have to get my own badging made up. "NAAFENHANCED"

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
Hi Guys. Turns out despite the badging, the system is a Pacemaker catback, not De filip (Walkinshaw). I am tossing up between Not an Abba fan's mild steel hurricane headers vs pacemakers.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
View attachment 189674
But that means getting a exhuast shop to modify the flanges,
Id suggest the dpe headers and cats fitted at a performance shop where it gets the tune and otr
BTW the picture shows the worst setup I have ever seen. Total waste of money.
Only saving grace is that it has straight pipes.

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
Ok, need to make a choice. Can get Hurricane headers/high flow cats ($1600) from Not an Abba Fan, and then OTR and Tune ($1200-1400) from somewhere, total $2800-3000 vs Pacemaker headers/highflow cats/OTR/Tune from 1 place for $3680. So premium of $600-800 for teh pacemaker brand. Is it w
Ok, need to make a choice. Can get Hurricane headers/high flow cats ($1600) from Not an Abba Fan, and then OTR and Tune ($1200-1400) from somewhere, total $2800-3000 vs Pacemaker headers/highflow cats/OTR/Tune from 1 place for $3680. So premium of $600-800 for teh pacemaker brand. Is it worth the premium for the Pacemakers?

Last edited:

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
If time permits are you able to contact "NAAF" find out of he has a commodore scheduled for hurricane setup and go listen to it?

It may help you make a better informed decision without rushing into it, as your current setup is working nothing wrong with it - might sound gh3y but it works for the time being?

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
If time permits are you able to contact "NAAF" find out of he has a commodore scheduled for hurricane setup and go listen to it?

It may help you make a better informed decision without rushing into it, as your current setup is working nothing wrong with it - might sound gh3y but it works for the time being?
Thanks mate. I will do that. In no hurry, the current sound is pretty good, just a bit droney and dead quite at the front end.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
BTW the picture shows the worst setup I have ever seen. Total waste of money.
Only saving grace is that it has straight pipes.
I had a dpe catback and got some hm headers for $600 which were pretty much brand new, its pretty much a normal system with short 4 into 1s? Not sure why you think its the worst looking system when it looks like any normal system that doesnt have long tube with cats further back?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I had a dpe catback and got some hm headers for $600 which were pretty much brand new, its pretty much a normal system with short 4 into 1s? Not sure why you think its the worst looking system when it looks like any normal system that doesnt have long tube with cats further back?
Yes it looks like most 'normal' **** systems I agree. Technically just four longer-than-stock pipes joined together to go into euro cat with tight bunched merge that's more like a cap and zero secondary, then straight forward no frills a long way out the back.
Sure it has four pipes aside into a merge (4-1), but that is not header design, but even if it were the best tuned header specification it means diddly with no collector. It ticks the box for having four pipes going into one (they sort of all do that) and that's about all it's got going for it by the looks.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
There hm headers with 200 cell cats?
Resized_Screenshot_20170130-215619.jpeg

Same set up as this, definitely not the best, if i had the spare $1900 i would have done the dpe headers and cats! but still unsure why you think "thats the worst set up ive ever seen"