Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Exhaust Sound

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
There hm headers with 200 cell cats?View attachment 189767

Same set up as this, definitely not the best, if i had the spare $1900 i would have done the dpe headers and cats! but still unsure why you think "thats the worst set up ive ever seen"
Because they are not engineered to any header design principle, rather just put together. I did mention that the merge was ineffective and there was no secondary... so begs the question what principle do these extractors ascribe to in order to promote performance over stock headers?
Any benefit of the obvious longer throw (presumably at tuned length for some peak RPM) fails without proper acceleration via the merge and adequate expansion in the secondary chamber.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Im just confused why harrop use these then? As i said, i dont think its the best set up at all, i think the long tube with collector is far superior? Im more asking based on you saying by this being "the worst set up youve ever seen" that even the stock 400cell cats and cast iron headers with the 2.25 pipes is better?
After having the dpe catback and otr/tune made 245rwkw then after adding the hm headers made 262rwkw, im pretty sure there better then the stock headers and cats?
As i said, the long tube and collecter style are better and im sure that would have got me more around 275rwkw? Just asking more to do with your wording?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Im just confused why harrop use these then? As i said, i dont think its the best set up at all, i think the long tube with collector is far superior? Im more asking based on you saying by this being "the worst set up youve ever seen" that even the stock 400cell cats and cast iron headers with the 2.25 pipes is better?
After having the dpe catback and otr/tune made 245rwkw then after adding the hm headers made 262rwkw, im pretty sure there better then the stock headers and cats?
As i said, the long tube and collecter style are better and im sure that would have got me more around 275rwkw? Just asking more to do with your wording?
Well worst I've ever seen that you would pay money for over stock is more precisely what I mean. Yes the cast log is well suited to the engine, these aren't. Of course these would be worse than stock for overall torque hence horsepower below peak torque.
You could easily turn that setup into a performance exhaust, but as stands is a dogs' breakfast.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Rightio mate

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Rightio mate
No, seriously the log headers are easier to tune for consistency and provide very good results for solid torque and HP near stock.
On the other hand an unplanned exhaust setup can be nothing more than a dreadful noisy headache.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Well fortunately my setup doesnt drone, sounds quite good and also got me more power for not alot of money, so unlit i get the dpe headers and cats ill be happy

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Well fortunately my setup doesnt drone, sounds quite good and also got me more power for not alot of money, so unlit i get the dpe headers and cats ill be happy
A bit surprised you're happy with them, no doubt you'll be ecstatic when you pay more for the brand you are already sold on.
I suggest the take-away from buying those is to look a bit deeper into header design rather than deeper into your pockets for another branded recommendation.
Are those 1 7/8?!

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
They were off harrops project car, thry are 1 7/8, as i say, not what i wanted but for $600, the cats being the biggest limiting factor on the stock set up, it was better then getting stock hsv ones which retain the factory 400 cells, soundwise, doesnt sound much different to my mates full dpe system? Maybe your thinking it sounds like a xforce system, sounds totally different

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
A bit surprised you're happy with them, no doubt you'll be ecstatic when you pay more for the brand you are already sold on.
I suggest the take-away from buying those is to look a bit deeper into header design rather than deeper into your pockets for another branded recommendation.
Are those 1 7/8?!

If I am understanding most of your commentary correctly in this thread - basically 99% of aftermarket "Performance Exhausts" are pretty much useless? and essentially its bogus marketing/word of mouth with nominal gains?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
If I am understanding most of your commentary correctly in this thread - basically 99% of aftermarket "Performance Exhausts" are pretty much useless? and essentially its bogus marketing/word of mouth with nominal gains?
Well, yes. Why is that a surprise when you look at what is being sold under the guise of Performance Exhaust?
Most are overpriced marketing fluff, plus the "gains" are fabricated via the tuning.
Would surprise most buyers to know what it takes for an effective exhaust near stock tune.
Certainly ain't 1 7/8" headers, no merge, no secondary, cats in the original location, etc.