Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF II SS V - lost its growl!

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
Does that mean "stock you can't run E85" but you need to tune it or install one of these sensors and plug in the cabling somewhere to use E85?
Regardless of whether you use this sensor/cable or not, you will need a tune. Without the cable you will need a tune to run E85, but you can only use E85 from then on. With the Sensor/cable, you will still need a tune, but a different tune that allows the engine to adjust parameters automatically based on the amount of ethanol detected in the fuel.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Regardless of whether you use this sensor/cable or not, you will need a tune. Without the cable you will need a tune to run E85, but you can only use E85 from then on. With the Sensor/cable, you will still need a tune, but a different tune that allows the engine to adjust parameters automatically based on the amount of ethanol detected in the fuel.
It may not be as simple as just a tune.

From what I understand, alcohol plays havoc with hoses, seals, and possibly engine internals so it may be that a LS3 V8 engined SS could potentially require updates to fuel pump, fuel hoses, fuel seals, maybe even valve seats as well as the addition of flex fuel sensor and a retune for the LS3 to be work with a variation of alcohol content up to E85.

So does anyone categorically know if the LS3’s were built with E85 compliant fuel system so that just the addition of the flex fuel sensor and tune is all that is required?

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
most flex setups i see posted usually do fuel pump and injectors, but i couldn't say if it was a requirement or just recommended.
it also wouldn't surprise me if the other extras would also be part of the swap, they are just less exciting to talk about.