Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Key Badge

Joot Doctor

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VFII Commodore SV6 Wagon
Does anyone know if its possible to get a new badge for my VF key? I bought my car in January and it came with two keys, one with a Chevrolet badge and the other with a round spot where the Holden badge used to be. All I can find online are the preivous designs used on the VE, which is a different style of badge.

Just an aside, I've also had issues with the remote start, both keys send the signal and the car acknowledges it but wont start. The car has been checked for error codes and nothing has come up.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Check Original Parts Group in Victoria for the small self-adhesive Holden logo badges for remotes.

Re remote start: all doors except the driver's door should be locked before remote starting.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Just an aside, I've also had issues with the remote start, both keys send the signal and the car acknowledges it but wont start. The car has been checked for error codes and nothing has come up.
I've never used remote start nor really looked into it ... but I have a vague potential-recollection that I may have come across an ability to disable it, buried somewhere in the mess of the MyLink config menus.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Re remote start: all doors except the driver's door should be locked before remote starting.
I have posted about the remote start conditions before but can’t remember when and which threading was but as a minimum I thought all doors must be locked before the vehicle will auto start.

The conditions that inhibit remote start from working are mentioned in the owners manual so maybe OP can check out what’s specified. These remote start condition are also mentioned in the VF workshop manual so he could look through that doc.

The one time love used remote start, I pressed lock button on the remote and then held down the remote start button until engine fired up.

OP should also consider that the key he has may not be the original key. It could be an aftermarket she’ll with the original key electronics within or indeed a complete after market key electronics. The thing is that there were lots of key fob types and not all had remote start, so if OP has some after market key fob job with wrong internal electronics board, the button under the remote start symbol may be another function. Maybe the key needs to be scanned by the selling dealer to confirm the codes sent are indeed related to the button symbols :rolleyes:

Reactions: Lex

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I have posted about the remote start conditions before but can’t remember when and which threading was but as a minimum I thought all doors must be locked before the vehicle will auto start.
Here we are ... unlike Holden, Chevrolet actually made at least some resources available online & here's the 2017 Chev SS owner's manual. Apart maybe from functionality not in a Commodore, I doubt the conditions are different.

Chevrolet SS 2017 Owner's Manual said:
Conditions in Which Remote Start Will Not Work

The remote vehicle start feature will not operate if:
  • The transmitter is in the vehicle.
  • The hood is not closed. [segue - I think they mean bonnet, not a criminal you happen to have in your Commodore]
  • The hazard warning flashers are on.
  • The malfunction indicator lamp is on.
  • The engine coolant temperature is too high.
  • The oil pressure is low.
  • Two remote vehicle starts, or a single remote start with an extension, have alreadybeen used.
  • The vehicle is not in P (Park).

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Remote start requires all doors to be locked before it will start.

You press lock on the keypad then press and hold the remote start button.

The vehicle must be in park with the park brake on.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
Check Original Parts Group in Victoria for the small self-adhesive Holden logo badges for remotes.

That doesn't sound right.
You shouldn't be able to remotely start the car with a door unlocked.
. . . . . Unless you want to get it stolen!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Good-o.
But not my VF. :)

You need to get that checked out then mate because that is a defect.

I would also get them to workout why your drivers door is not locking with the other doors when you press the lock button because to remote start it the lock button must be pressed first which should lock all doors but according to you on your vf that does not seem to happen?

Last edited: