Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Meelad

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VE ute SII MY11
Hi all,

I have a VF Ute V6 2014,

Im wondering if anyone here has had problems with VF remote entry not work, i have read the existing forums and couldn't find anything related to the issue I'm having.

Out of nowhere both my keys stopped locking/unlocking, arming/disarming the alarm, however i can start the car and drives just fine, no warnings, no engine light, no error codes in the computer (checked with OBD)

i have replaced the battery in the remotes and it still doesn't work, then i had the remotes tested, they are in working order.

does anyone know the location of the RCDLR or is it integrated in the BCM.

Thanks in advance.

Bunz of steel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 ute
Hey bud i just had the same problem last night, did you find out what was going on?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
We had this the other night on all our vehicles, turns out a power surge caused the local mobile tower to freak out and pump out enough crap to render all the 433mhz remotes useless.
cars and garage doors were all dead, the next day they were working on the tower and everything was fine again o_O

Bunz of steel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 ute
Thanks stooge, that's a relief. I thought water might have got to the fuse box again. There's a tower about 150m from here. Thanks for the reply.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
OH!!!! I had a suspicion that something like that happen to me last week . I have a varex bi-model system as I live in a townhouse complex and leave for work early , I couldn't get the valves to close with the remote when I started the car , this caused me to not open the garage for a minute till the car warmed up . The garage door opened fine when I was ready to leave but when I tried to close it , it wouldn't close , THEN!!!!! the fire alarm on all 3 levels of our unit went off due to the exhaust fumes because I delayed opening the door . I then had to run around like a headless chook trying to silence all the alarms and manually close the door , so much for not waking the neighbours at 5.20 in the morn .

Though I suspect something was a miss that morning I still have an issue with the car not detecting my key and have to put it closer to the pocket for it to be detected . I have recently changed the battery but I have all ways had this issue.

Ad_Ski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
We had this the other night on all our vehicles, turns out a power surge caused the local mobile tower to freak out and pump out enough crap to render all the 433mhz remotes useless.
cars and garage doors were all dead, the next day they were working on the tower and everything was fine again o_O

I know this is a late post but may help someone else. Had a very similar experience today.

Today when I got home I couldn't lock my VF with the remote. Got the spare remote, again nothing. Batteries on the remotes had been replaced in the late few months.

After half an hour trying to find the cause I decided to check if my sons car remote would work for his car which was in the garage. As I entered the garage I found the remote wireless door bell continually ringing.

Upon checking the entry door bell, found it was stuck on, and found out later my son had switched off the house indoor unit as it wouldn't stop ringing after he pressed it. I unstuck the button, doorbell stopped ringing.

Tested my remotes again and both were now working perfectly. Appears the stuck doorbell was causing interference with the car remotes!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Appears the stuck doorbell was causing interference with the car remotes!

Yes, alot of wireless devices these days use a 433mhz signal and they will screw with other devices using the same frequency like garage and vehicle remotes.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Its not even just that though.
i tried to change the stupid dull T15 globe in my garage door opener to a brighter LED option.
turns out as soon as the light came on, it blocked the remote working until the light turned off again.
electrical noise can be crazy.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
If you park your VF on the summit of Mount Wellington, in Hobart, Tasmania, be prepared for great difficulty in starting the car, because of the proximity of a powerful transmission/radio comms tower right next to the carpark. It has stranded countless people.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Just wait till LIDAR is extensively used on driverless cars. One pro had his expensive camera sensor damaged by such a devices. Seems we’ll have to use special filters on our cameras once such crap hits the road :oops:

Must get a 433mhz transmitter to play with while eating my lunch at Maccas. Gotta be worth a laugh :rolleyes: