Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Went to book my car in for the 90K service and have the Sat Nav updated and the service guy told me not to worry at this stage as it is two years old and due to the stuff up they are desperately trying to fix it with a later version. Can anyone confirm this and if the latest version is still two years old, as my Calais V was built July 2013 is the updated version worth doing compared with the original 4 year old version installed.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Maps version is still the same.. I doubt there will be an update until the next quart/half year its up (Pending on frequency of updates!)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Email response from Consumer Affairs Victoria.
What specifically did you approach CA about?
I'm asking because the non-availability of camera warnings in pre-MY15 cars (despite the manual saying it's there) is a different Thing to the latest map update being old maps, so just wondering what specific Thing you raised with CA.
--> it'd be nice if the lack of ability to get those camera POI's in our MY14 was just a fixable stuff-up on Holden's part in creating the update package.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
it'd be nice if the lack of ability to get those camera POI's in our MY14 was just a fixable stuff-up on Holden's part in creating the update package.
Its essentially a flick of a switch for the people who make the update files for the mylink. Its just a tiny configuration change.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Email response from Consumer Affairs Victoria.
  • Decide what actions we will take (options include trader inspections and enforcement action)
  • Build intelligence on this trader and issue (for example, whether the reported conduct establishes a pattern of behaviour)
  • Target compliance audits, public education and industry liaison

So they are doing jack **** .... did you lodge an individual complaint or something else?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
What specifically did you approach CA about?
I'm asking because the non-availability of camera warnings in pre-MY15 cars (despite the manual saying it's there) i

where is it in the manual? Can you point it out? Page number would be nice. MY14 here.

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Calais (not Calais V) with satnav option
Maybe all us VF SatNav owners should pursue a class action, or at least send Holden and CA a joint complaint about the absolute crap responses we get and the out of date maps etc.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
where is it in the manual? Can you point it out? Page number would be nice. MY14 here.
Sorry, I was just repeating what others have said; I spent some time flicking through it today, though, and didn't find any listing of POi types at all, let alone the ones you might get an alert on.

ITOONS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
Is there a good reference address we can use to test currency of maps that does display now on your mylink unit?
I just got mine updated (paid the $130 fpr it with a service)

Bloodwood drive Muswellbrook wasnt in it before my update (I know because my mate used to live there and my maps didnt have that entite estate), now it's there.

Can't say I'm thrilled about having to pay for updates at all, they should have just teamed up with TomTom or something. In a $50,000 vehicle whats a few free updates over the course of its life? Especially if they incorporated the cost into the capped price services.

If Bloodwood doesn't show up you have an outdated version