Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
So I just spoke to Customer Care & they have advised me that there is a 2017 Version for the Nav. I have requested the Version Number & he is going to email me. Will post back once I have the info.
Ohhhh, thats gonna cause a hell of an uproar if they bring out yet anther map update so soon after so many have paid for the outdated maps!

mc_avs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Calais V 6.0ltr V8
So this is the info I received from Customer Care.

"Hi Josh

I've followed up the information for you.

In relation to the map upgrades, we don't use version numbers when updating mapping information.
Vehicles built before 2017 will not have the latest update. From here we check the service and warranty history on whether its had a mapping update after Feb 2017, if not then they won't have the latest update. For your VIN, their has been no update after February 2017, thus you don't have the latest update."

mc_avs

Reaction score
Members Ride
But they do use version numbers.. the instruction sheet that shows how to update literally says the version number..
Trust me I replied asking the same thing. Like, how do you differentiate to know which version you have???

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Trust me I replied asking the same thing. Like, how do you differentiate to know which version you have???
If they say theres no versions, then that rubbish.

The maps version number changes in the Mylink page as indicated in earlier pages. Maybe indicate that to them if they say the same thing again.

mc_avs

Reaction score
Members Ride
If they say theres no versions, then that rubbish.

The maps version number changes in the Mylink page as indicated in earlier pages. Maybe indicate that to them if they say the same thing again.
Yeah I agree, hence why I asked the question, just awaiting the reply.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The current maps, released approximately February 2017, have data from 2015.
I reckon these "2017 maps" are the 2015-spec ones ... when they were first announced a few months back, we all thought they would be up to date.

jezzab

TINKERER
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Turbo Ute / VU SS TT Drag Ute [Sold]
I can assure you they are Q1 2015 data. Here is the data from actually INSIDE the map update.
You can see the version at the top (SW) and the data version in the middle (NT)

Attachments

• maps.png
    maps.png
    684.3 KB · Views: 357

mc_avs

Reaction score
Members Ride
I can assure you they are Q1 2015 data. Here is the data from actually INSIDE the map update.
You can see the version at the top (SW) and the data version in the middle (NT)
Awesome, at least I can show this when I get a reply! It also shows what is being updated, 6 roads & speed changes etc etc.
Still can't believe it's only from 2015 though, so many changes here in Adelaide & it's still way out of date.