Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS first modifications

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
Does anyone know if there an easy way to black these side vents/panels out? Or can you buy black ones and if so are they easy to do yourself/expensive?

(Not my picture by the way)

VJ89SbM.png

Emco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline
Does anyone know if there an easy way to black these side vents/panels out? Or can you buy black ones and if so are they easy to do yourself/expensive?

VJ89SbM.png
I think you can get a spray for it

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan

VJ89SbM.png

Genuine Black ones are available. Try ebay, OPG, Holmart, Holden dealer, etc.

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yeah I bought a pair of them new (in around 2015), via eBay but it was a dealer selling via eBay, for around $80 delivered.
They're easy to fit, I know because I managed to do it without breaking anything. :)

Wreckers may also be a source, as a few special-editions came with them in black from 2015 or so, and they were standard fitment on a number of VF2 trim-levels.

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
Yeah I bought a pair of them new (in around 2015), via eBay but it was a dealer selling via eBay, for around $80 delivered.
They're easy to fit, I know because I managed to do it without breaking anything. :)

Wreckers may also be a source, as a few special-editions came with them in black from 2015 or so, and they were standard fitment on a number of VF2 trim-levels.

Just ordered the ones above, thanks mate.

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
Don't overlook brake upgrades either if it's non-Redline.

One of the biggest differences I noticed in driving the car was upgrading to the Brembos - reckon they should have come standard with them.

Aside from that, posts above are all great advice.
yep best bang for your buck, mine paid for themselves the first day i had them on. theres always idiots around.

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
yep best bang for your buck, mine paid for themselves the first day i had them on. theres always idiots around.

Speaking of idiots, picked up the car finally today (was meant to be Tuesday morning) and already had 2 different P platers trying to race. I don't know what these people think but I'm definitely not risking my license (or car) to race some P plater with the worst sounding loud obnoxious exhaust I've ever heard.

Justin Thomas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 6.0
Depends what you want to achieve... If you want to drag race often get a better LSD. The factory one in my car with 15,000km lasted maybe 4mths of night wars and became open diff real fast.

Air over radiator intake
Exhaust system
Tune
Harrop trutrack LSD
Tint windows

As others said don't touch it until
1.you know the car
2.you have the money to do it well
3.you have researched best deals
4.you are sure it will be better after

Sometimes original is best imo